DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Big Sky,Montana, USA

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Finally my wife and I escaped hot, humid, muggy, and virus filled Miami to cool, mountainous Montana for our yearly get away. Up here the air is cool and dry and the scenery is spectacular. Here are a few M2P shots. I am accumulating tons of assets (videos) to assemble into a show when I get back to Miami.

Attachments

• Drone-Cows-ParadiseValley-loRez.jpg
    Drone-Cows-ParadiseValley-loRez.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 80
  • LonePeak-from-drone.jpg
    LonePeak-from-drone.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
  • Mill-Creek-Valley-drone-viewLoRez.jpg
    Mill-Creek-Valley-drone-viewLoRez.jpg
    878.5 KB · Views: 79
  • MountainHome-Beehive Trail-drone-.jpg
    MountainHome-Beehive Trail-drone-.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  • SpanishPeaks-drone view-.jpg
    SpanishPeaks-drone view-.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
Looks like the hardest thing is deciding what part of the scenery to film next Thumbswayup

Hi Cyborg:

You are absolutely correct. The scenery out here is spectacular in any direction, but all images were edited in Photoshop for color, sharpening, etc. The drone videos are overwhelming. I will be at the computer for at least a week when I Get back home to Miami and start to edit.

What part of Montana are you in, Dale?

When I lived in Cooke City, during the winter the only way to get "anywhere" was through the YNP and up through Paradise Valley.
Hopefully you weren't in Cooke City yesterday with all of the motorcycles there for the annual poker run.

Worked over in Big Sky when the road was being built up for the Yellowstone Ranch Club community.

Even though you take excellent photographs and videos they can't really show the true beauty of the area

Last edited:
When I lived in Cooke City, during the winter the only way to get "anywhere" was through the YNP and up through Paradise Valley.
Hopefully you weren't in Cooke City yesterday with all of the motorcycles there for the annual poker run.

Worked over in Big Sky when the road was being built up for the Yellowstone Club community.

Even though you take excellent photographs and videos they can't really show the true beauty of the area
I think that is between Big Sky and Ennis. Beautiful shots. Ennis is one of my favorite spots in Montana. More fly fishing shops than restaurants. Used to be a 5 star restaurant just outside Ennis at the entry to a nice RV park. More large diamond rings in that restaurant than in NY. California want a be ranchers. ?

Here are some images from yesterday's flights. Got some good footage also but that will have to wait for the video editing.

Attachments

• FlyFisherman-and-his-dog.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Gallatin-320Ranch-south-view.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Gallatin-and-Palisades.jpg
    Gallatin-and-Palisades.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
  • Gallatin-Braided-waters.jpg
    Gallatin-Braided-waters.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • Gallatin-North-view-320RanchBridge.jpg
    739.4 KB · Views: 7
  • GallatinPalisade.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • GallatinRiver-Rd-to-Yellowstone-2.jpg
    GallatinRiver-Rd-to-Yellowstone-2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • GallatinRiver-road-to-Yellowstone.jpg
    GallatinRiver-road-to-Yellowstone.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
  • GallatinRiver-slow-waters.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
  • Hwy191-SouthBound-GallatinRiver.jpg
    Hwy191-SouthBound-GallatinRiver.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
  • Palisades-and-sky-so-of-BigSky.jpg
    Palisades-and-sky-so-of-BigSky.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • Palisades-Hwy191-south-of-BigSky.jpg
    Palisades-Hwy191-south-of-BigSky.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Welcome to my world, NW Montana May-Oct. MIA winter. Great shots, I love Big Sky and Granite Peak the highest point in the state.
We love the. Flathead area, and visit there often. But not this year. Glacier Park is mobbed as is Yellowstone due to covid closure of other travel venues such as Europe. We usually stay in Whitefish (VRBO) or North 40 Ranch.

Nice...I've been to Glacier twice in the last two months. Going to the sun road just opened last week and headed up there next week. The east side down for Logan Pass is closed.

I never get tired of watching the sunrise coming up over the Mission Mountains on Skidoo Bay every morning.

Last edited:
Finally my wife and I escaped hot, humid, muggy, and virus filled Miami to cool, mountainous Montana for our yearly get away. Up here the air is cool and dry and the scenery is spectacular. Here are a few M2P shots. I am accumulating tons of assets (videos) to assemble into a show when I get back to Miami.

Beautiful scenery Dale. Many fond memories of my trip there where I met my future wife.

Love the slow shutter speed images of the river.

Beautiful scenery Dale. Many fond memories of my trip there where I met my future wife.

Love the slow shutter speed images of the river.
Yes- those slow water images use the British Lee Filters. -in this case, 10 stop Lee filter and 10 second exposure.

Reactions: wesleydk
For those that are familiar with Gardiner, MT, they just had a major fire on the main street. This is right near the Gateway Arch. 4-5 business are a total loss. Very sad

Nice...I've been to Glacier twice in the last two months. Going to the sun road just opened last week and headed up there next week. The east side down for Logan Pass is closed.

I never get tired of watching the sunrise coming up over the Mission Mountains on Skidoo Bay every morning.

check out my prints.

instagram.com/flatheadprints

Your Instagram images are stunning!! I just spent a few minutes looking at them. Wow!
I also have a web site if your here interested- All of my world travels
www.daledavisphotography.smugmug.com

Reactions: wesleydk
For those that are familiar with Gardiner, MT, they just had a major fire on the main street. This is right near the Gateway Arch. 4-5 business are a total loss. Very sad
Yes- I heard about it-any cause determined? ?Arson? I think I heard it was a grease fire in a restaurant

beautiful, love big sky country and have a lot of family up there. Where you at?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos