DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Stormy Weather in the Mountains

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
This is a 37 second clip. I am in Big Sky,Montana for 6 weeks and accumulating video and photo assets to compose a longer video. Here's a sneak peek of my work product.

After 3 weeks of glorious sunny and cool weather, the area finally received a full day of clouds and rain. When the clouds swirl around the valley and the mountaintop, it provides dramatic timelapse footage.

Tech
2 x Nikon D750 bodies using built in intervalometer
Nikkor 28-300mmm f/3.5-5.6 lens
Really Right Stuff Tripod
Processed in Lightroom using LRLightroom,6

Best seen fullscreen.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Great footage man - looking forward to more.

Reactions: YVRGUY
Great footage man - looking forward to more.
Low lying clouds over a mountain ridge always provides me with great material for timelapse footage. At an interval of 3 seconds, the clouds would have moved slower, but I kicked up he interval on the mountaintop footage to. seconds, which speed up the cloud movement. This will also work for drone hyper lapse settings.

Dale

Reactions: YVRGUY
Amazing footage !!!!

Very nice Dale. Occasionally I would see a jump in the footage. Do you know why that is...wind maybe?

Very nice Dale. Occasionally I would see a jump in the footage. Do you know why that is...wind maybe?
You are right! I noticed it too but I just cannot figure it out. The splices of all 4 clips were made as I usually do in Adobe Premiere Pro. none who wishes to figure it out, be my guest.

You are right! I noticed it too but I just cannot figure it out. The splices of all 4 clips were made as I usually do in Adobe Premiere Pro. none who wishes to figure it out, be my guest.
I looked at the video again and slowly went through the spots where I noticed jumps and it could be wind. You know, a quick gust at just the right time would show up in the final time lapse. Its so small though, I don't think it's a problem. I'm just picky I guess. :)

I looked at the video again and slowly went through the spots where I noticed jumps and it could be wind. You know, a quick gust at just the right time would show up in the final time lapse. Its so small though, I don't think it's a problem. I'm just picky I guess. :)
Thanks for looking, Dave. I think any little jolt of the tripod could have done it.I should have noticed it and edited it out before posting it.

Thanks for looking, Dave. I think any little jolt of the tripod could have done it.I should have noticed it and edited it out before posting it.
If they are not present on the master it could just be streaming effects.

Ogre- the jolt was definitely not present in the master or I would have deleted it out.
That would be my guess then. Stuttering from streaming. Internet bandwidth issues.

That would be my guess then. Stuttering from streaming. Internet bandwidth issues.
While I have you on the line, a question. Do you use a video de-noise software like Neat Video ?

While I have you on the line, a question. Do you use a video de-noise software like Neat Video ?
I've switched over entirely to Davinci Resolve studio. The color correcting is fantastic. Within the color correction module there is a very good noise removal system. I record raw from the sensor and there is no noise removal applied by the camera or codec. I also have Topaz Enhance but it is slooooowwwwww. Run overnight slow. The results are rarely noticeably different from resolve. I've never really pixel peeked to analyze the difference.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
espinafre