DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Montana 2022 Video Six weeks in 19 minutes

Great work Dale, although nothing beats living here, the best place on the planet.
I agree! Yes- Flathead is a gorgeous area, as is Whitefish, and the Glacier area. Although I skied for many years, my age prevents it and I would not enjoy the winters. But for the summers, it would be great to have a place there to escape the Florida heat and humidity. . We have now given up on Big Sky forever! The rampant raping and development of the mountain is overwhelming. The highways are crowded in both directions from Bozeman with big cement trucks sand trucks, etc. The Montage Hotel is hyper-exclusive and expensive and another similar hotel is under construction (One and Only in Moonlight Basin). Multi-million dollar homes are sprouting up all over the mountain. There is constant back-up beeping back-hoes throughout the region. Etc. Etc. It used to be the "last best place" but now, I think not. Perhaps Flathead the next, "last, best place?.

Dale, really great piece of work. I have never been to the U.S., however the glimpse you provided with really a good mixed photographic production took me on a memorable journey. A wonderful travel log combined with a special family keepsake. Demonstrates how drone shots are so important.
I'll chase up you other sites with anticipation!
All the best,

Les
NELSON BAY NSW AUSTRALIA

Dale, really great piece of work. I have never been to the U.S., however the glimpse you provided with really a good mixed photographic production took me on a memorable journey. A wonderful travel log combined with a special family keepsake. Demonstrates how drone shots are so important.
I'll chase up you other sites with anticipation!
All the best,

Les
NELSON BAY NSW AUSTRALIA
Thank you Les. I've found that just straight still images (e.g.: slide shows) can quickly bore my audiences, so I began to look for other media and over the years have learned timelapse, and astro, and when the drone came along, it was still another viewpoint which gave my viewer more perspective.

Please check out my photography web site, and my video website. It should keep you busy for a while!

Dale

Thankyou, I really enjoyed that, nice videos and stills. They brought back memories of our three trips we made there on our Harley, by ourselves and also trips there with our California friends. Stayed in Red Lodge also and over to Cody. Beautiful area, very scenic. Also enjoyed watching your Chile vacation!

Montana Video 2022. Six Weeks in 19 minutes

How do you compress six (6) weeks of intensive photography into a short and concise video? I filmed daily for 6 weeks, and this resulted in over 85 GB of data. I spent the past 4 weeks editing this at approx.. 5 to 8 hours a day. Here is the resultant video! Best full screen.

This is a 19:11 minute video featuring six glorious weeks in the beautiful state of Montana. We hiked, fished, and drove from one side of the state to the other. Here are still images, videos created by numerous cameras including the Mavic 3 drone, DJI Osmo Action, time lapse sequences shot with DSLR, iPhone, Osmo Pocket, and Osmo OM4 gimbal.

Gear
Mavic 3
Nikon D750 body for stills, videos, and time lapses
Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 lens
Nikkor 14-24 mm f/2.8 lens
DJI Osmo Action
Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max stills and videos
Osmo Pocket
Really Right Stuff Tripod

Software:
Adobe Photoshop CC
Adobe Lightroom LrC
Adobe Premier Pro video editing
LRTimelapse 6.1 for timelapse

As usual, comments are welcomed.
Dale, I'm normally not into long videos but this one was just awesome to watch. Thanks for sharing.

Dale, I'm normally not into long videos but this one was just awesome to watch. Thanks for sharing.
I deeply thank you for watching. Glad you enjoyed it. I know there are still corrections I needed to make but after 4 edits, I was exhausted.(each edit required 2 hours of rendering and 2 hours of uploading).

Thank you, I really enjoyed that, nice videos and stills. They brought back memories of our three trips we made there on our Harley, by ourselves and also trips there with our California friends. Stayed in Red Lodge also and over to Cody. Beautiful area, very scenic. Also enjoyed watching your Chile vacation!
Red Lodge is a terrific little town. The restaurant scene at the end of this video was filmed in Red Lodge. Cody had a terrific night rodeo where little boys and girls wore cowboy gear and rode horses and bulls! Fabulous Americana.

If you ever get the chance to tour Chile, it is well worth it.

Dale

Congratulations from the other side of the world. Loved the scenery and the variety of scenarios, particularly the time-lapse sequences. Sound tracks and sound effects added to the atmosphere. You've created a remarkable time capsule of your holiday - thanks for sharing Dale!

Congratulations from the other side of the world. Loved the scenery and the variety of scenarios, particularly the time-lapse sequences. Sound tracks and sound effects added to the atmosphere. You've created a remarkable time capsule of your holiday - thanks for sharing Dale!
Dear Bilby 1
I am amazed that this video has founds its way all the way over to Port Lonsdale. I Google mapped it and you are more than a half a world away! It certainly looks like you live in a wonderful location, near Melbourne, and on the ocean with so many lakes and water around you. Must be a fabulous place to fly. I have only been to Sydney, and briefly to the Barrier Reef airport on our way to see the natives in Papua New Guinea many years ago.

I usually submit 3 minute videos but on the occasions of a large trip, I do a longer video. You really cannot do justice to Montana in 3 minutes. You might want to check out my trips to Chile, Iceland, Madagascar, or Greece or Uganda Mountain Gorillas, among other places. The first link is mostly for still images, and the 2nd link is for videos.
Again, thank you for watching.

Dale

Excellent film Dale! You should go and work for Montana tourism promotion. :)

I love active holidays like this, with mountain biking, white water rafting and fishing, surrounded by huge mountains and natural beauty. 😍

By any chance, do you know how cold the water was? While I like rafting, I usually prefer rivers that are warm enough to swim too.

Excellent film Dale! You should go and work for Montana tourism promotion. :)

I love active holidays like this, with mountain biking, white water rafting and fishing, surrounded by huge mountains and natural beauty. 😍

By any chance, do you know how cold the water was? While I like rafting, I usually prefer rivers that are warm enough to swim too.
Terry:
Glad you took the time to watch this film. I had a ball making it. I've rafted this river (The Galllatin) several times and it is usually freezing. But only if you fall in is it really cold. The splash is part of the fun.

The mountain biking is a big thing at Big Sky and the chair lift is totally converted for the bikers. The ride is really quite steep. Not for an 84 year old.

But the trout fishing is my real thing. I have this guide who knows every inch of the State of Montana and I am fortunate to be driven there and fish while standing in cold streaming waters around my waders all day. Nothing more relaxing than fly fishing Montana Rivers while surrounded by this mountain beauty.

Next year we are going to do this kind of a trip in the Canadian Rockies. (Banff, Lake Louise, Yoho Park, and Jasper). NO DRONES allowed in all of these parks unfortunately.

Dale

Reactions: TerryToast
Terry:
Glad you took the time to watch this film. I had a ball making it. I've rafted this river (The Galllatin) several times and it is usually freezing. But only if you fall in is it really cold. The splash is part of the fun.

The mountain biking is a big thing at Big Sky and the chair lift is totally converted for the bikers. The ride is really quite steep. Not for an 84 year old.

But the trout fishing is my real thing. I have this guide who knows every inch of the State of Montana and I am fortunate to be driven there and fish while standing in cold streaming waters around my waders all day. Nothing more relaxing than fly fishing Montana Rivers while surrounded by this mountain beauty.

Next year we are going to do this kind of a trip in the Canadian Rockies. (Banff, Lake Louise, Yoho Park, and Jasper). NO DRONES allowed in all of these parks unfortunately.

Dale
I saw the converted chair lift loading the mountain bikes in your vid, which is a great idea. If you’re going to spend millions to build chair lifts for skiing, you may as well use them in summer too and keep the tourists rolling in. I’m pushing 50, but I’d love to give me a try. I’m not getting any younger, so it’s now or never.

No drones allowed in any of those Canadian parks?! That’s tough. I can understand why, the animals probably wouldn’t care but the other tourists probably wouldn’t be too happy with a drone buzzing around annoying their beautiful wilderness experience.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake