DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bill HR-2864

The main problem with Bills like this, is that if they can't pass on their own merits, they get included into more popular Bills and passed without being read.

The main problem with Bills like this, is that if they can't pass on their own merits, they get included into more popular Bills and passed without being read.
Yep, I remember the days when I could play poker for money on the internet. A bill came out wanting to shut online gambling down. Everyone said, "it'll never pass there not enough support for it"! A few shifty senators attached it to a sure to pass port security bill, voted on it at 2AM in the morning and bingo, no more online poker!

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I sent an email to my Congressional Rep for my area about this. He hasn't replied yet. I'm not worried about it as it is written. My concern is that it gets tagged into another more popular Bill that will pass without being read. Kinda like ObamaCare, there were a lot of Mini-Bills in that one.
Here is the response I got:

Dear Mr. Cox,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

In your correspondence, you shared your concerns with China's increased aggression towards the United States and our allies abroad. Like you, I have serious reservations about the Chinese Communist Party's attempts to influence American industry, agriculture, and business. The United States government must prioritize countering Chinese threats to our nation's interests, including bolstering U.S. manufacturing and research and eliminating our dependence on Chinese products.

At the beginning of the 118th Congress, I was proud to vote in favor of establishing the U.S. House Select Committee on China within the Judiciary Committee. This Select Committee will investigate and make policy recommendations on the status of the Chinese Communist Party's economic, technological, and security espionage and influence within the United States.

Please know, I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this subject and will keep your thoughts in mind as the 118th Congress continues. As the Chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, I am steadfastly committed to holding China accountable for its role in the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic and believe we must address their human rights violations and aggression toward fundamental American principles of freedom and security. I am honored to serve as your Representative in Congress, and I hope that you will continue to keep me informed about the issues important to you.

Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts. Please visit my official website for more information on press releases, policy agenda, and other updates. You can also follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, or subscribe to my E-newsletter to stay up-to-date with my work in Washington and Kentucky's 1st Congressional District.

Sincerely,
sig.jpg

James Comer
Member of Congress

Basically, He has no idea what I was talking about, so I'll just reply with a bunch of gibberish.

• Wow
Reactions: Torque and Meta4
I sent an email to my Congressional Rep for my area about this.

Dear Mr. Cox,

In your correspondence, you shared your concerns with China's increased aggression towards the United States and our allies abroad. Like you, I have serious reservations about the Chinese Communist Party's attempts to influence American industry, agriculture, and business.
Is Comer correct that in your email "you shared your concerns with China's increased aggression towards the US and our allies," and that you expresed "serious reservations about the CCP's attempts to influence American industry, agriculture and business?"

"He has no idea what I was talking about." I am curious what were you talking about if not the above.

Here is the response I got:

Dear Mr. Cox,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office. I appreciate hearing from you and welcome the opportunity to respond.

In your correspondence, you shared your concerns with China's increased aggression towards the United States and our allies abroad. Like you, I have serious reservations about the Chinese Communist Party's attempts to influence American industry, agriculture, and business. The United States government must prioritize countering Chinese threats to our nation's interests, including bolstering U.S. manufacturing and research and eliminating our dependence on Chinese products.

At the beginning of the 118th Congress, I was proud to vote in favor of establishing the U.S. House Select Committee on China within the Judiciary Committee. This Select Committee will investigate and make policy recommendations on the status of the Chinese Communist Party's economic, technological, and security espionage and influence within the United States.

Please know, I appreciate hearing your thoughts on this subject and will keep your thoughts in mind as the 118th Congress continues. As the Chairman of the House Oversight and Accountability Committee, I am steadfastly committed to holding China accountable for its role in the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic and believe we must address their human rights violations and aggression toward fundamental American principles of freedom and security. I am honored to serve as your Representative in Congress, and I hope that you will continue to keep me informed about the issues important to you.

Thank you again for contacting me to share your thoughts. Please visit my official website for more information on press releases, policy agenda, and other updates. You can also follow me on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, or subscribe to my E-newsletter to stay up-to-date with my work in Washington and Kentucky's 1st Congressional District.

Sincerely,
sig.jpg

James Comer
Member of Congress

Basically, He has no idea what I was talking about, so I'll just reply with a bunch of gibberish.
SOP. Twist and shout. Look at the wonderful things I’m doing for you! Give me your money.

Reactions: Art Cox
Is Comer correct that in your email "you shared your concerns with China's increased aggression towards the US and our allies," and that you expresed "serious reservations about the CCP's attempts to influence American industry, agriculture and business?"

"He has no idea what I was talking about." I am curious what were you talking about if not the above.
Not at all, I shared my concern in regard this Bill to ban DJI UAV/Drones. Like others have said, this was just a form letter that his office sends out "only the name was changed at the top" My letter to him was not read. Just a canned response.

Really? Maybe you need to rethink this. Look at the Pacific coast states.
I live on the West Coast in California just two miles from the ocean. Other than paying high taxes to pay high paying government workers, I'm not sure what you're referring to. And I really would like to know.

Reactions: Torque
I live on the West Coast in California just two miles from the ocean. Other than paying high taxes to pay high paying government workers, I'm not sure what you're referring to. And I really would like to know.
I wondered the same thing. I guess I've just grown immune to "left coast" comments.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661