DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bind RC Pro Controller to Multiple Drones + Fly Away Coverage

heyengel

Reactions
I have an RC Pro bound to a Mavic 3 with DJI Care Refresh and fly-away coverage. I also have a new Mini 3 Pro bound to it's own RC controller without DJI Refresh coverage. I want to bind the RC Pro to both the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro while keeping the fly-away coverage for the Mavic 3. When I try to bind the RC Pro to the Mini 3 Pro, I'm being asked to unbind, but it's not clear which pair is being unbound. Obviously, I don't want to lose my fly-away coverage for the Mavic 3.

Has anyone been able to bind a second drone to the RC Pro without unbinding from the Mavic 3? I reached out to DJI support chat and they asked me to unbind my RC Pro from the Mavic 3, which I thought was a bad idea and really not the issue I'm dealing with.

I have an RC Pro bound to a Mavic 3 with DJI Care Refresh and fly-away coverage. I also have a new Mini 3 Pro bound to it's own RC controller without DJI Refresh coverage. I want to bind the RC Pro to both the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 Pro while keeping the fly-away coverage for the Mavic 3. When I try to bind the RC Pro to the Mini 3 Pro, I'm being asked to unbind, but it's not clear which pair is being unbound. Obviously, I don't want to lose my fly-away coverage for the Mavic 3.

Has anyone been able to bind a second drone to the RC Pro without unbinding from the Mavic 3? I reached out to DJI support chat and they asked me to unbind my RC Pro from the Mavic 3, which I thought was a bad idea and really not the issue I'm dealing with.
You’ll be fine. You have to bind to the current aircraft in order for the FW to match the flight controls and DJI fly telemetry. You won’t lose any refresh coverage when doing this. I have all three aircraft supported on the RC Pro and switch between them all the time. No issues here.

Reactions: FlySkyJumper
You’ll be fine. You have to bind to the current aircraft in order for the FW to match the flight controls and DJI fly telemetry. You won’t lose any refresh coverage when doing this. I have all three aircraft supported on the RC Pro and switch between them all the time. No issues here.

Great, thank you!

I think I get this but want to be perfectly clear. These are my circumstances... I have a Mini3 Pro with the RC controller that I would like to use with my Mavic 3 during a trip without the Mini 3 along. I can bind that controller to my Mavic 3 and my flyaway coverage for the Mavic3 will be intact. Correct? Do I have to Unbind it from the Mini 3 first? (not sure how to do that) Upon returning I can (unbind it from Mav3 ?) bind it back to the Mini3, correct? Theoretically I could bind it back and forth during day of flying, correct? (not my plan :) ). Similarly I can bind my FPV Controller 2 (with the handles) to my Avata and my fly away coverage is good. Then bind it back to the FPV later. I'm sure I can look up what "unbinding" is if that is actually a thing....

I think I get this but want to be perfectly clear. These are my circumstances... I have a Mini3 Pro with the RC controller that I would like to use with my Mavic 3 during a trip without the Mini 3 along. I can bind that controller to my Mavic 3 and my flyaway coverage for the Mavic3 will be intact. Correct? Do I have to Unbind it from the Mini 3 first? (not sure how to do that) Upon returning I can (unbind it from Mav3 ?) bind it back to the Mini3, correct? Theoretically I could bind it back and forth during day of flying, correct? (not my plan :) ). Similarly I can bind my FPV Controller 2 (with the handles) to my Avata and my fly away coverage is good. Then bind it back to the FPV later. I'm sure I can look up what "unbinding" is if that is actually a thing....
From everything I have found, the drone that is flying has to be bound.

If you link/bind to the Mavic 3 to the RC controller you should not have to unbind from the Mini 3 first and it should not affect your care refresh. You can check to make sure that the Flyaway coverage has been recognized on the new controller by going to Profile>Device Management and choosing the Mavic 3. It should indicate that Flyaway coverage is active on the new controller.

FWIW, I use my RC Pro with both my Mavic 3 and my Mini 3 and both have Care Refresh and both indicate that the Flyaway coverage is active on the RC Pro controller. When I switch from one drone to the other, the controller briefly does a firmware update to 'update' the settings for the drone that I am using at the time.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Perfect thanks

I can also confirm this to be correct.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure