DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird Attack

This happen to me Last week, didn't even see it coming til the last second. Thought for sure the bird was gonna take me out. Live and learn

Close one - by the looks of his evasive dive the gull was thinking the same!
I didn't think he was trying to attack more like startled...probably as surprised as I was...

This happen to me Last week, didn't even see it coming til the last second. Thought for sure the bird was gonna take me out. Live and learn
Man, it's times like this you with you were filming at 120fps -- even if it looks like crap.

I didn't think he was trying to attack more like startled...probably as surprised as I was...
Remember, birds are fixed-(highly flexible)-wing aircraft, and can't hover (humming birds excepted, but then as has been proven many times physics shows they can't fly anyway :D)

So, when a bird -- probably stoned drunk on those fermenting berries they eat -- happens to look over and see he's heading for a collision, he has to take evasive action... can't just stop.

Generally there are two types of aggressive birds (seagulls excepted, I've never flown near with them): raptors, thinking your quad is something to eat; and nesting birds, trying to protect their nests. For the raptor, the best defense is to climb (an MP can out-climb any bird) . For the others, I just get away from them so they don't have to worry.

Reactions: butterflyslicer
Wtf ! What kind of bird is that? That didn't look like a hawk... the bird attacked from underneath the drone... so I dont know what you could of done
Given the brief glimpse and the behavior of the bird, I am going to guess you were duelling with a Leucistic Red Tailed Hawk. It is a relatively rare genetic mutation of the very common Red Tailed Hawk except they lack most the usual pigment.Leucistic Red Tailed Hawk.PNG

Attachments

• screen grab.PNG
    screen grab.PNG
    669.2 KB · Views: 45
I've had an Osprey/circle chase my P3A, realized I was near their nest. Tthe worst in past few days, Barn swallows! come at you in flocks of 10 -20 birds screaming at my Mavic, circling close, as above, straight up seems to confuse them. I figure the old barn on that property is home, I just don't go near home anymore

Yes, the Barn Swallows are a problem. I have never had any contact with them yet,but they like to buzz the Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61