DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bird Attacks in the UK

one of my first flights over a moat towards a castle resulted in a squadron of swallows deciding that it would be fun to buzz a newbie. Theres no way you will out run these sky torpedo's, thankfully i survived. got them on video, realised how close they really got.

Geese, in South Africa. Dropped to just above the ground in Sport Mode and got away. They are not nearly as agile as a drone.

I had a bald eagle take a run at my P4P. I did the wrong thing and turned and ran, heading towards home while going down. I did snap a quick photo as he came into view. The P4P had a bit of a lazy gimbal, hence the angle. The eagle pursued me almost to ground level and almost caught it. As someone pointed out at the time, likely better to get into the Sport mode and go straight up. These large birds can dive much faster than they can gain altitude. I have also had a peregrine falcon make a few aggressive passes at my MA 2. I suspect that they are protecting nesting areas or defending their territory.View attachment 131068
That’s one unhappy eagle!

Yes, As you say during mating season is worse. Fly high at speed upwards and away until they relax then bring home away from the area if possible.

Some nice bird shots though but best to stay clear.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair