DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Birds of a feather

Constant Drone

Reactions
I'm new to the sport of droning. I've notice a couple times that the birds find the drone interesting and will circle it a few times when I'm in an open field. Will these cute little feather creatures attack a drone? We have eagles here where I live and I'm just concerned if anyone has had a problem.
You can see in the attached photo a group of birds are coming in to check out the drone.

1539368372_43746894_2101728563195044_4096932422770229248_o.jpg

there are several videos on You Tube that show birds attacking drones. It seems to be mostly birds of prey or others if you get too close to their nest. Most of the smaller birds will just flee the area around the drone from my experience.

Reactions: Constant Drone
I have had both Crows and Coopers Hawks attack me. Best defense is to climb. Learned that here. You might do a search for it.

If you do encounter an aggressive bird just fly up...prey birds fly down and then the chase begins. If you fly up they're less likely to see your drone as prey.

Thanks for the info. I'm finding the best thing to do is climb.

I had a red-tailed hawk follow my Mavic home a couple days ago. I was about 200 feet up and the hawk was another 100 or so higher circling. Even being higher up than the Mavic, the hawk made my drone look small. I kept an eye on it circling as I brought the Mavic in for landing. I wasn’t going to risk anything. Keep in mind what your max altitude is set at so you have room to climb if you need to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji