DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bit the bullet and bought the best case. go professional case

Buying a giant case for the Mavic seems to somewhat defeat the beauty of the tiny size of the drone. I'm all for protecting mine (once it gets here), but I'm going to look for something small to take advantage of the portability factor.

I knew a comment like this would appear in this thread but really, saying that this case is "giant" is an overstatement it's a nice convenient small rugged case.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Looks real nice. But seems overkill for a drone meant to be put into a small bag. But if your traveling via trains, planes and busses alot. This makes sense.

Personally I would prefer a hard plastic case designed for the mavic folded up to fit perfectly inside. Then just put into any old bag. Just as protected without all the fuss.

Sent from my SM-T713 using MavicPilots mobile app

Love my GPC, only issue is it still smells strongly of glue. Does that fade?
Mine doesn't have a strong smell at all. I did see a YouTube video where the reviewer's case had the foam piece on the backside of the lid glued. Fortunately that piece isn't glued on mine which I'm happy about because it allows me to keep a few papers and my collapsible sunshade behind it.

I have the GPC backpack on order! I like the closed cell foam as opposed to the open cell which will absorb moisture. GPC also uses 511 backpack which is a quality piece.
Got mine last week. The backpack holds everything the case does plus has extra zippered compartments for tablet, snacks, water, laptop maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T817A using MavicPilots mobile app

I was prepared to bite the bullet till I saw what they were tacking on for shipping. That put it over the top for me.

I too was all set to buy the Go Professional back pack until I saw the shipping charges to the UK :eek:

Now I'm :(

I could buy a plane ticket to USA for less than this:

IMG_0556.jpg

Reactions: Advexure
Holy cow! I purchased the case, and it's great, but .......wtf?

Nice choice op, i have the pelican as i knew they were built like a brick shithouse, those cheap 40$ plastic ones will shatter on a good drop or at least crack. Good piece of mind is a solid case. Mine goes in my jeep with me, isnt big at all, bangs around and i never once worried about my mavic. Even holds my mini 4 in the lid. Everything i need in one spot. Airborne in a few minutes!
https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-DJI-...e_desktop?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=yo_ii_img

How does the GPC compare to a pelican 1400 in size?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
They are comparable. But Pelican is made in usa, Nanuk is made in Canada. Dont know about GPC.These two are most recognized here in US. And noone can make these cases more sturdy/top notch quality thab these two. They never fail. If you get thesetwo brands products, you know you will be using them for 50 years. If you are buying $1000 for a nice ****, you want that to be something of Gucci, Prada and/or other comparable brands. You wouldnt want Coach if they are same price :).

Buying a giant case for the Mavic seems to somewhat defeat the beauty of the tiny size of the drone. I'm all for protecting mine (once it gets here), but I'm going to look for something small to take advantage of the portability factor.

Absolutely with you there. I don't really see the point in getting something so portable and then shoving it in a huge bulky case.

Love my GPC, only issue is it still smells strongly of glue. Does that fade?

Definitely fades. We smell that fresh scent of freshly cut and glued foam with just about every case we open. :)

Absolutely with you there. I don't really see the point in getting something so portable and then shoving it in a huge bulky case.
I understand if person travels alot the yeah makes sense. And these folks probably have smaller cases or bags.

You guys are only considering the "best case scenario". :p

giphy.gif

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803