DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bit the bullet and bought the best case. go professional case

taptofocus

Reactions
Although this case is about double what most cases go for on eBay I feel by far it is superior to each of those cases and I will rest much easier knowing my bird is protected.
9f6b8fabad56a7016774a7fbc665aa35.jpg
3273b3653cb6c2fc19be23a52c36995d.jpg
edd432f8e50398f0e444749b98034056.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not bad. I ordered the mc explorer. The one you have was going to be my next choice. Not sure when I'll get mine as they seem to be in short supply.

Honestly.... I think the GPC is probably the BEST case (for the price) for the Mavic right now.
That said..... I scored a new mavic case for $35 shipped (amazon prime)

IMG_0386.JPG IMG_0387.JPG

Reactions: Cimriver
Honestly.... I think the GPC is probably the BEST case (for the price) for the Mavic right now.
That said..... I scored a new mavic case for $35 shipped (amazon prime)

View attachment 4608 View attachment 4609

I also think the GPS case is the best case but it's just too pricey for my wallet.

I also got the Aluminum HUL case for the Mavic.
I kind of figured that the "For the Mavic" was BS but when I look at yours I am starting to wonder, was the inside cutout or did you do that. It looks real neat, I don't see any squares like the typical pluck-out case.

Last edited:
I have and like the GPC case. The only thing I wish it had "built-in" was a place for a tablet. Yeah, I've seen how some have just stuck a tablet behind the foam on the top of the case or cut a slot in the "body" of the foam... Just would have been cool to have a spot for one...

I have and like the GPC case. The only thing I wish it had "built-in" was a place for a tablet. Yeah, I've seen how some have just stuck a tablet behind the foam on the top of the case or cut a slot in the "body" of the foam... Just would have been cool to have a spot for one...

Just make one. You can cut out a square patch down to half the depth of the foam at the top and then glue in a pouch like the one below so it is flush with the rest of the foam.

91TheQcUAwL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...&qid=1484960831&sr=1-3&keywords=tablet+sleeve

Rob

Reactions: MavicMo
I like their back-pack for the Mavic a lot. It was a lot of money but I was prepared to bite the bullet till I saw what they were tacking on for shipping. That put it over the top for me. I'll wait till they are a little less proud of them or pick up one used at some point.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I have the GPC backpack on order! I like the closed cell foam as opposed to the open cell which will absorb moisture. GPC also uses 511 backpack which is a quality piece.

Although this case is about double what most cases go for on eBay I feel by far it is superior to each of those cases and I will rest much easier knowing my bird is protected.

Nice! I ordered one this morning from Amazon. It was $128 out the door and should be here by Wednesday.

Buying a giant case for the Mavic seems to somewhat defeat the beauty of the tiny size of the drone. I'm all for protecting mine (once it gets here), but I'm going to look for something small to take advantage of the portability factor.

I also have and like the GPC case because it easily holds all of the Mavic Pro Fly More components and my iPad. I put a thin layer of adhesive foam on the inside of the lid and I put my iPad behind the top foam (my top foam wasn't glued in place). When I open the case the top foam and tablet are usually resting on top of the other components but that works for me.

Buying a giant case for the Mavic seems to somewhat defeat the beauty of the tiny size of the drone. I'm all for protecting mine (once it gets here), but I'm going to look for something small to take advantage of the portability factor.

I also have and like the GPC case because it easily holds all of the Mavic Pro Fly More components and my iPad. I put a thin layer of adhesive foam on the inside of the lid and I put my iPad behind the top foam (my top foam wasn't glued in place). When I open the case the top foam and tablet are usually resting on top of the other components but that works for me.

I have the pouch that came with the 'Fly More' kit and I'll continue to use that here and there but I do a lot of offroading/camping and want something that can take some abuse and keep the contents dry and safe. I have a couple of Pelican cases for my DSLRs that I've used for years and they're virtually indestructible. This being an SKB case should be about the same quality.

I have the pouch that came with the 'Fly More' kit and I'll continue to use that here and there but I do a lot of offroading/camping and want something that can take some abuse and keep the contents dry and safe. I have a couple of Pelican cases for my DSLRs that I've used for years and they're virtually indestructible. This being an SKB case should be about the same quality.

I have a couple Pelican coolers and some smaller cases, they rock, they are top shelf! The GPC Case is comparable in quality, IMHO, plus, it has a vent-release for air travel, I think it's a great case, but it's not my only case, I use a simple Lowepro case for other days out... The other brands that are less price seem to be good cases as well; it's nice to have choices :cool:

Reactions: dct3416
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998