DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black and white striped backgrounds

Mayer77

Reactions
Hello I have a mavic air. I was flying the other day and any white surface or sky turned into black and white stripes has anybody else had this issue. 78170

Its called zebra striping. Its a feature that you can turn on or off. Its a tool that you use to warn you that your video/photo is overexposed. When you see them it means that the bright highlights are blown out and over exposed meaning you need to reduce your exposure settings a little. its enabled in the camera general settings menu I believe it called "overexposure warning"

Reactions: tleedom
That setting can be found in the following section of DJI GO:

Reactions: tleedom
Even though you can turn off zebras, as described above, I ALWAYS fly with them enabled because otherwise you will almost always overexpose certain parts of the photo. This is because the exposure meter averages all parts of the frame, and small bright objects, like a white car driving down the road, will be overexposed. As already noted, once you overexpose, you'll never be able to fix that in post.

So, I keep the zebras enabled, and when I see stripes covering something important, I use the EV compensation controls, which I've mapped to the right control wheel, to reduce automatic exposure until the zebras just disappear. When the object with exposure issues is no longer in frame, I'll adjust EV back to 0.0.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3