DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Fly

TR Ganey

Reactions
Check out this new drone reported to be available to the general public in 2019. Can't wait to see thee flying around the neighborhood.

We can always dream.
But
I’m willing to bet money that it won’t happen in that time frame.
(In the USA)

Reactions: TR Ganey
Looks about as real as one of old utralights.

Attachments

• KolbIX.jpg
    KolbIX.jpg
    789.9 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: Eagle Jr
I flew an ultralight for several years. You could not pay me enough to get in that machine. I’m thinking a dead stick in that one would not fair well.

according to the various videos that I watched on it, it is designed with a load of redundancy and is capable of safe emergency landing with a motor or battery failure. Then if things go really bad it had a parachute. Sounds like fun to me, I'm ready to try it!

according to the various videos that I watched on it, it is designed with a load of redundancy and is capable of safe emergency landing with a motor or battery failure. Then if things go really bad it had a parachute. Sounds like fun to me, I'm ready to try it!
You first.

Watched a guy die in an ac that had a chute. Safety pin was still in place at the impact site.

Problem is that sort of craft will spend a long time in the part of it's flight envelope where a BRS will be about as usefull as a chocolate teapot.
50 ft is not high enough for a chute to be any good, but 50 ft will break your back at the very least.

That's not to say it wouldnt be safe enough if the redundancy is properly implemented, nothing is 100%

Sad story! Gives on good incentive to use the "remove before flight" thingy!
To this day, I still don’t like to look at those red tags. Was not a good day. We had warned the pilot to stop the maneuver he was doing several hours before.

Problem is that sort of craft will spend a long time in the part of it's flight envelope where a BRS will be about as usefull as a chocolate teapot.
50 ft is not high enough for a chute to be any good, but 50 ft will break your back at the very least.

That's not to say it wouldnt be safe enough if the redundancy is properly implemented, nothing is 100%

They said that if it lost a battery or if it lost a motor that it would still land safely. They actually float so I guess you could take off over water and stay over water until it reached enough altitude for the BRS to be useful. I believe it will eventually come to market but with a 25mile range how useful will it really be?

They said that if it lost a battery or if it lost a motor that it would still land safely. They actually float so I guess you could take off over water and stay over water until it reached enough altitude for the BRS to be useful. I believe it will eventually come to market but with a 25mile range how useful will it really be?

A huge amount of money and resources are being thrown at the challenge of making batteries last longer - look at far we've come in the last decade. Give it 3 or 4 years and that 25-mile range will be quadrupled.

I flew an ultralight for several years. You could not pay me enough to get in that machine. I’m thinking a dead stick in that one would not fair well.
I think in the event of a power falure it would drop like a ROCK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Olga