DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black Screen....

Blueflame2007

Reactions
Hi All,

I have just returned to Mavic Pro flying having taken a two year sabbatical due to unrepaired crashed aircraft. I purchased my Mavic Pro in early 2017 but unfortunately crashed in April of that year. However following repairs just last week in which gimbal cable, front leg and propellers were replaced all seemed well and camera etc were working fine. So over the last few days I have had a bit more time on my hands and was getting batteries etc charged up and familiarising myself again with tutorial videos on Utube and so on...

So following the pairing of my controller and phone I instantly got a message that there was a necessary firmware update which I of course downloaded. Following this I have a black screen on my phone and a flashing green focus square and no cameras working. I have tried a few things like switching everything off and on again, changing phones, cables etc but all to no avail.

Prior to new firmware download I took it up for a short flight and the camera was working OK. I may be mistaken but It appears to me anyway that this problem only occurred when I downloaded the latest firmware so is there a solution to this problem. I have done a few searches for a fix but there is nothing definitive out there that I can see. So will downgrading to a previous version solve this issue. I presume it is possible to downgrade to the previous version, I have never done this before and do not know how to go about that.

I can fly my aircraft via GPS fine now and completed about 40 mins of flight time yesterday evening, however there is no image on my screen. Just a black screen with the flashing green focus square

So any help would be appreciated

Something to keep in mind. Updating firmware isn’t mandatory. Just click the ignore button.
Probably not the update that is causing your issue, and yes, you can downgrade. You will need to use the assistant 2 for that process.
A few things to check. If you are using the USB port on the bottom of the controller, make sure nothing is plugged into the the side port.
Cables can go bad, so try a different one. Camera settings are worth a look.
Hope you find the bug.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta