DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Black video, then drone told me it was unregistered?

ambarcapoor

Reactions
I had an opportunity to fly over Trona Pinnacles in California yesterday as part of a film project.
The object was to get a super wide overview of the area. After take off I climbed straight up until I hit the 500m ceiling. Right about that time I lost video to a black screen or weirdly choppy screen. The area has no construction, buildings or other man made objects around it for several miles.
I immediately set about landing the drone. Once I landed, i turned it off and swapped the battery out.
When I powered back on, it gave me a few different warnings, but the only one I remember was something saying " Certain components of the DJI system are unregistered and might cause problems" or something like that. I shut everything down and went back to the hotel where there was internet hoping to solve this mystery. Back at the hotel everything fired up ok and the drone flew fine.
I have never downloaded logs etc before , I used DJI assistant to download all the files to different folders on my computer but don't know which ones I should attach.
Any help dissecting this would be greatly appreciated by the gurus of this forum! Thank you!!!

Not trying to be the Drone Police, but is that a typo? There is no 500m ceiling. The UAV ceiling is 400 Feet AGL. 500m is 1100 feet above the legal UAV AGL ceiling.

Not trying to be the Drone Police, but is that a typo? There is no 500m ceiling. The UAV ceiling is 400 Feet AGL. 500m is 1100 feet above the legal UAV AGL ceiling.
The 500m ceiling is the limit in the DJI Go software.

For hobby/recreation flights, the 400 ft AGL limit is currently guidance and not law.

I had an opportunity to fly over Trona Pinnacles in California yesterday as part of a film project.
The object was to get a super wide overview of the area. After take off I climbed straight up until I hit the 500m ceiling. Right about that time I lost video to a black screen or weirdly choppy screen. The area has no construction, buildings or other man made objects around it for several miles.
I immediately set about landing the drone. Once I landed, i turned it off and swapped the battery out.
When I powered back on, it gave me a few different warnings, but the only one I remember was something saying " Certain components of the DJI system are unregistered and might cause problems" or something like that. I shut everything down and went back to the hotel where there was internet hoping to solve this mystery. Back at the hotel everything fired up ok and the drone flew fine.
I have never downloaded logs etc before , I used DJI assistant to download all the files to different folders on my computer but don't know which ones I should attach.
Any help dissecting this would be greatly appreciated by the gurus of this forum! Thank you!!!
Check out these instructions on getting the logs.

DJI Flight Log Viewer

Upload your log to that site and post the link to the log back on this thread, and the log gurus will help you out.

Reactions: ambarcapoor
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54