DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BLURRED & Frustrated

rfarmedilla

Reactions
hi guys, i'm sure you get this topic a lot. i've been reading and researching from user posts about this issue (and tried everything) but the problem is still there.
chatted with dji earlier and they said to send it in. but my worry is (based on previous posts i read, replacements are the same or even worse---they replace it with a used mavic) m i doing anything wrong with my settings? i tried resetting, calibrating, reinstalling and the watercolor (and blur) is still there.
any concrete solution yet or sending it back and hoping i receive a better unit is the only way?
i didnt use any filter, only setting i changed was the color to dlog. everything is @ 000, AF, 4k
has anyone had theirs replaced or have solved the problem?

please please help.

see pictures below. screen grabs from the vid

it's really really frustrating
when taking pics the blur is terrible!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 6.45.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 6.45.05 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 199
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 6.47.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 6.47.12 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 200
  • Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 11.12.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 11.12.36 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 171
I cleared up my focus problem with keeping the AFC off, then using AF from about 100 feet up looking straight down to the ground. Then flying. I use a ND 8 or 16 depending on how sunny it is. I'm getting really good results.

Attachments

• IMG_0399.PNG
    IMG_0399.PNG
    7.2 MB · Views: 122
Reactions: X424
That looks soft indeed. Have you tried the camera default settings (normal style with default sharpness)?

The pictures are too blury for me. If it was only on one side i would keep the bird. (this is exactly my case too).

But in my honest opinion i would send it in and risk it , the pictures are really blury :(

That looks soft indeed. Have you tried the camera default settings (normal style with default sharpness)?
hi egika, default sharpness, yes coz i thought that was the problem the first time i used it. but watercolor is still 100 :(

The pictures are too blury for me. If it was only on one side i would keep the bird. (this is exactly my case too).

But in my honest opinion i would send it in and risk it , the pictures are really blury :(
hi mildim! have you had your replaced? really annoying!

I cleared up my focus problem with keeping the AFC off, then using AF from about 100 feet up looking straight down to the ground. Then flying. I use a ND 8 or 16 depending on how sunny it is. I'm getting really good results.
+1 ... this is exactly what I do. No problems with focus ever again or AFC ruining your shot in progress for that matter.

Have you tried the NTSC/PAL toggle?

The watercolour effect appears to be over zeliius noise reduction which gets stuck on. The PAL/NTSC switch resets this and (for me) it stays off for several flights

It's annoying. After this last firmware is when it started for me. Every time I have to do the following...
1) Gimble Calibration
2) Reset camera settings
3) turn on RAW and also select 4k 24fps

Getting tired of doing it every time.

I don't have the same problem, but the image is soft on the left side. Probably a badly assembled lens assembly. Several people have had this issue. I'm not sure what's going on with your bird, but do try some more tests with rigorous control over focus before deciding to send it in. (I've sent mine in).

You shouldn't need a filter for still shots, but for video it's a must to get the shutter speed down into the smooth range (ROT: shutter speed at 2X the frame rate).

This is hard to judge. It would be a better sample if it was NOT shot in Dlog, all other settings neutral. Daytime as well. Tap to focus and see what you get. Also, be sure your monitor can properly display a 4k image, or your screen grab will be mushy regardless. If in doubt about your display, shoot in 1080p and try again.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
This is hard to judge. It would be a better sample if it was NOT shot in Dlog, all other settings neutral. Daytime as well. Tap to focus and see what you get. Also, be sure your monitor can properly display a 4k image, or your screen grab will be mushy regardless. If in doubt about your display, shoot in 1080p and try again.

+1 , the monitor is really important. I first noticed my problem after the purchase of the new4k monitor !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jarrodwp1