DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Board repairs?

Davodinkum

Reactions
Does anyone know If there are any repairers for boards in Australia. My Mavic air lost communication and was only about 20 meters away. It went up into a tree on its way home.
I have repaired it but the connector for the left antenna has lifted off the board.

Sorry to hear about your problem but welcome to the forums - great place to get tips and answers to your questions. Also, the search function 1581688292079.png is an excellent place to search for the many questions a new member will have.

You have a choice of two DJI recommended service centers

• DJI themselves
  • EEhobbies

Has the uFL connector come off the board or are you having trouble pressing the uFL antenna connector on to the board connector ?

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
The outer ring of the uFL connector has broken away.I've completed my repair of replacing both the front and rear arms on the left side.
I decided to reassemble it without connecting the right hand antenna and see what happens.
Amazingly it powers up and flies but I have lost my SD card connection.
I read online that someone with a different type of DJI drone had a similar issue and they too lost the SD card connection.

That's a good news - bad news scenario. It's fantastic that you got it to fly. But without the functionality of writing to an SD card, your recording ability is severely limited. You will be fine for photos with the internal memory, but 4K video recording will fill that up in less than the time it takes you to run down one battery.

Also somewhat related: I have always wondered if the two antennae have the same function or if one is a transmitter and the other is a receiver. Seems like it is the former if you can fly it with just one antenna. So thanks for satisfying that little bit of curiosity I had :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the reply.
The outer ring of the uFL connector has broken away.I've completed my repair of replacing both the front and rear arms on the left side.
I decided to reassemble it without connecting the right hand antenna and see what happens.
Amazingly it powers up and flies but I have lost my SD card connection.
I read online that someone with a different type of DJI drone had a similar issue and they too lost the SD card connection.

Watch out when powering up without the second antenna connected, transmitter into ' No ' Aerial ( or faulty aerial ) could damage the output stage of the transmitter or some of the associated components.

Reactions: Davodinkum
IMG_7371.JPG
On this image, bottom left shows one antenna plug and uFL connector.
Part of the other connector to the left has pulled away from the board.

View attachment 94317
On this image, bottom left shows one antenna plug and uFL connector.
Part of the other connector to the left has pulled away from the board.

Looks really hard to remove the old connector and re-solder a new one, the board has a thick conformal coating on it and it's a very small piece.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davodinkum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada