DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bonjour from Quebec, Canada

ElectroBald

Reactions
I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro a month ago, and I have done a couple test flights so far, but I’m still in my learning phase, and I go slow in order to avoid any newbie’s mistakes, so far so good. I have my licence and my drone is registered. I read the whole policy and regulation before even fly for the first time. I have my maintenance and flights logbook (on paper), but I’m looking for something less water absorbent [emoji4] like and App that would do all that, either semi automatic or manual.

Right now, the authorities gives us a break since it is fairly new, but after talking to the police, they are getting the proper instruction on small UAV and drones in order to fine us better [emoji857].

If you can’t provide any of the documentation required, it could be up to a $1000.00 per infraction; i.e. you forgot to mark you drone: $1000, you forgot your logs; $1000.00, no licence; $1000.00, fly in a controlled zone without authorization or on a basic license; up to $5000.00, flying too close or above people (except your crew); $1000.00, and if you cause and accident, up to $5000.00 and jail.

What’s my point, well, I have worked in the aviation domain for 30 years, I have seen some incidents and accidents caused by drones because some wannabe pilots had no formation and found funny to fly into birds, aircraft, people, animals and cars, etc.

So I totally agree with the new regulations and policies, although not as strict as for manned aircraft because of the altitude limits imposed to UAV and drones pilots, If you want to keep this privilege (because it is a privilege), have fun but fly responsibly and take the time to read the whole policy before ending out, wether you are and experienced pilot or newbie, the new policies have nothing to do with your skills, this is the law.

Have fun and fly responsibly.

ElectroBald

Welcome from Calgary. It certainly looks like you have a good handle on Drone use and flying in Canada under the new regs.

Some use the AirData app to auto log the flights. This is a quick example of one of my flights logged on Airdata. I will now also keep a written Log, much like the Log Books you have to keep with a private aircraft.

44C0D394-AA2F-465A-88AD-F5D71A6D7197.jpeg

Because of those restrictions and penalties, I'll probably never fly in Canada. Too bad, because there's great scenery. I've always liked it up there (Been only to BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon).

Reactions: dcolvey
Welcome to the forum! :)

I have my maintenance and flights logbook (on paper), but I’m looking for something less water absorbent
What kind of data are you looking to track?

Welcome to the forum! :)

What kind of data are you looking to track?

Something that would electronically log my flights, showing time, altitude and coordinates or something similar, while also being able to log the maintenance done on the drones. Casper52 suggested to use airData, which seems to be very professional, I will definitely try it, but I’m open to any suggestion.

Thanks

Yes, Airdata is a good option to consider. It can track those things.

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro a month ago, and I have done a couple test flights so far, but I’m still in my learning phase, and I go slow in order to avoid any newbie’s mistakes, so far so good. I have my licence and my drone is registered. I read the whole policy and regulation before even fly for the first time. I have my maintenance and flights logbook (on paper), but I’m looking for something less water absorbent [emoji4] like and App that would do all that, either semi automatic or manual.

Right now, the authorities gives us a break since it is fairly new, but after talking to the police, they are getting the proper instruction on small UAV and drones in order to fine us better [emoji857].

If you can’t provide any of the documentation required, it could be up to a $1000.00 per infraction; i.e. you forgot to mark you drone: $1000, you forgot your logs; $1000.00, no licence; $1000.00, fly in a controlled zone without authorization or on a basic license; up to $5000.00, flying too close or above people (except your crew); $1000.00, and if you cause and accident, up to $5000.00 and jail.

What’s my point, well, I have worked in the aviation domain for 30 years, I have seen some incidents and accidents caused by drones because some wannabe pilots had no formation and found funny to fly into birds, aircraft, people, animals and cars, etc.

So I totally agree with the new regulations and policies, although not as strict as for manned aircraft because of the altitude limits imposed to UAV and drones pilots, If you want to keep this privilege (because it is a privilege), have fun but fly responsibly and take the time to read the whole policy before ending out, wether you are and experienced pilot or newbie, the new policies have nothing to do with your skills, this is the law.

Have fun and fly responsibly.

ElectroBald
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998