DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Boosted Mavic Air

How in gods name do you carry that? I get get out to almost 4 miles with the parabolic dual dish antenna boosters I paid a whole 12.99 on Amazon for when I first got my Spark. That was into the wind in regular mode with my wife following and spotting. I use the current metal tablet holder I have and a lanyard from DJI and I’m off. It just seems like massive overkill no offense meant friend.

No offense taken. That’s the joy of the hobby. You are fortunate to live in an area where you can take full advantage of a cheap antenna. Your setup in my area would be laughable. You’d be lucky to obtain half a mile of range. My Air is set up to tackle any scenario, from whip antenna, fpvlr, or boosted in 2.4 or 5.8. So what I carry depends on where I’m flying. I use a back pack and I typically carry both the Mavic P and the Air. I’ve never been a fan of walking around with my gear in my pocket so I’m not hindered at all.

these systems are great but totally not needed ive had parabolic boosters on my p3 p4 and now on my Air....ive maxxed out all 3 drones range/battery wise with that £5 mod.still full signals all the way until i turned around ...whats the point ? so expensive also
forgot to say i live in a built up area with high interference and the £5 mod still maxxes out the drones range so these are overkill

@Kevin pritchett i am in talk with james from titan. He is trying to figure out a better hd (image transmission option ) distance is fine on the other hand .... so my question to you is out of the Titan antennas which one gave you the best HD image the 720p feed because with the air I can get pretty much great distance but sometimes it gets laggy when going out ....so I want to overcome that. I want something that will be totally fine and prevent lag in a pretty much urban environment.
P.s. did he show u the pic of the ac with whip antenna on the feet! Lol:D:p
I hear 4hawks is good but I hear Titan is one of the best but James himself told me he would just wait so what do you think? I want something boosted

Reactions: avanti1963
C6834D57-EA51-4ECC-A60B-2187BBA6D981.jpeg
these systems are great but totally not needed ive had parabolic boosters on my p3 p4 and now on my Air....ive maxxed out all 3 drones range/battery wise with that £5 mod.still full signals all the way until i turned around ...whats the point ? so expensive also
forgot to say i live in a built up area with high interference and the £5 mod still maxxes out the drones range so these are overkill

You people are hilarious! LOL. I’m sure my drones can fly max range in stock form some where in the world. However, it’s not happening from where I fly most. I have to fly over pine trees just to leave my deck so my radio and video transmission is fighting its way through obstacles immediately. So I’m thrilled with getting close to 3 miles while boosted. If you can fly max range with any of your drones from my back deck I will give you $1000. If you don’t reach max you give me your drone.

Reactions: Rnl
Where do you live , when’s a good time? Double or nothing ? If I can fly mine further than yours from your deck you give me both of your drones . ;)

Here is mine

Probably not fair I also have the Titan and atlas and know the results already

Attachments

• B9441711-5412-4D30-86DF-1180FB796B6D.jpeg
    B9441711-5412-4D30-86DF-1180FB796B6D.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 104
Reactions: turbodronepilot
View attachment 31890

You people are hilarious! LOL. I’m sure my drones can fly max range in stock form some where in the world. However, it’s not happening from where I fly most. I have to fly over pine trees just to leave my deck so my radio and video transmission is fighting its way through obstacles immediately. So I’m thrilled with getting close to 3 miles while boosted. If you can fly max range with any of your drones from my back deck I will give you $1000. If you don’t reach max you give me your drone.
I totally get it, half the fun is also rigging something to work. Not sure why anyone would give anyone in this hobby a hard time. Its all about the fun.

Reactions: KevinPritchett
Absolutely correct, it all about the fun, but here I thought we could have some fun, like the old days of trading pink slips before the race. ;)

Reactions: KevinPritchett
Where do you live , when’s a good time? Double or nothing ? If I can fly mine further than yours from your deck you give me both of your drones . ;)

Here is mine

Ha!!!! Thats not fair at all!!!! LMAO! That is one heck of a set up you have there. Love it! Do you Experience video lag? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I have not figured out why it occurs. But it’s sporadic with mine.

Usually when you experience video lag your getting close to the threshold of the antenna or your blowing through some RF interference. One of two things will happen it will either get better or worse if you keep going. Next time it happens, stop the AC do a slow rotate and see if at some point it gets better or worse. Just stopping changes the AC antennas angle on the MP anyway

Ha!!!! Thats not fair at all!!!! LMAO! That is one heck of a set up you have there. Love it! Do you Experience video lag? Sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t. I have not figured out why it occurs. But it’s sporadic with mine.

It really not a fair comparison, I have about double the wattage on this setup, and have not seen any video lag with it yet. You can also go back in airdata and review signal errors in different areas.

View attachment 31890

i also live in a valley surrounded by a forest and ive no problems getting my drone 15000 feet up and out with just a windsurfer mod.....15000 feet is about all you can reach in an Air due to the battery anyway.......btw zero lag

@ kevinpritchett can u answer my post a few posts back please since you have experience with Titan which one is the better one to get for the air

Here is mine

That is a cool set up dude! It really is!!

@ kevinpritchett can u answer my post a few posts back please since you have experience with Titan which one is the better one to get for the air

I actually like both the Atlas 5.8 and the Cyclone 2.4. They have their own distinct characteristics. The 2.4 has consistently produced the most range if that’s what you are looking for. But the Atlas 5.8 shines up close while flying below the tree line near my home. The 5.8 is designed to give you the best opportunity to keep a signal in a frequency crowded environment or urban setting. Comparing the 2.4 to the 5.8 is truly comparing apples to oranges. The 5.8 will outshine the 2.4 in an urban environment all day long, but the 2.4 will give you phenomenal range. Hope this helps.

Cool thanks kevin.... james told me to wait he was working on some things with the air... as far as distance I get 12 to 13 thousand feet pretty much all the time on air...but sometimes my feed will lag so maybe 5.8 might be best.... also I have achieved better signal on 5.8 stock consistently on the air and on the Phantom 4 Pro.... theoretically 2.4 should be better but the way DJI have 5.8 set up with strength I always get better results

Cool thanks kevin.... james told me to wait he was working on some things with the air... as far as distance I get 12 to 13 thousand feet pretty much all the time on air...but sometimes my feed will lag so maybe 5.8 might be best.... also I have achieved better signal on 5.8 stock consistently on the air and on the Phantom 4 Pro.... theoretically 2.4 should be better but the way DJI have 5.8 set up with strength I always get better results

Wow!! You are one of the blessed few to get that kind of range in stock form. Wow! If you go boosted with the 5.8 or 2.4 your only hinderance will be battery life. I’m curious as to what James is working on? Can’t wait to see it. He better act fast; the MP2 will be our soon. LOL!!

Wow!! You are one of the blessed few to get that kind of range in stock form. Wow! If you go boosted with the 5.8 or 2.4 your only hinderance will be battery life. I’m curious as to what James is working on? Can’t wait to see it. He better act fast; the MP2 will be our soon. LOL!!
Mp2 will be a totally different market tho....especially in price...im guessing 13 or 1400$
Ill message u

View attachment 31887

It’s all about where you fly. If I don’t go fpvlr or boosted my range is horrible. While flying FPVLR in a dense wooded area with multiple cell towers within 2 miles I’m getting approximately 1.5 miles with full bars but the video cuts out and becomes choppy. FPVLR is a huge improvement over stock where reaching a mile is wishful thinking in my area. I typically get the best results while flying 2.4. Flying over a lake I can get as far as 2.5 miles or more at times before both signal and video go bananas. Going boosted over a lake while using 2.4, battery life is the only limitation. 2.4 has continuously given me the best results for some reason. When going boosted, I’m sure I could break the range records that I’ve seen on another post if that was my objective. The minor interference that I receive at the lake while flying FPVLR is not a factor with the Boosted Titans.
Do you think i could get away with FPVLR where i live in a small neighborhood with a few trees but mostly houses? I am really just looking for 1.5 mile range with consistent video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78