DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought a new iPad 5 this morning....

Js415

Reactions
Yesterday afternoon I ordered a few high quality cables, filters, and a couple of tablet mounts from Amazon. I thought I would give the mounts a try and see what kind I like.

I was going to borrow my daughters iPad this week and test out flying with a larger and clearer screen.

I woke up real early this morning and had a e-mail from Best Buy and they had the new iPad Mini 5 on sale.......... I stared at it for about 5 minutes and then jumped on it. They had it in stock at my local store. 2 hours later it's in my hands.

Just took it outside and flew a test flight. HOLY COW!!

This is the greatest thing ever for flying. Screen so bright, easy to get my thumbs or fingers on for controls and menus. Absolutely a joy. The iOS software worked perfectly and the DJI App ran super fast.

Anybody thinking about an iPad should really jump on it. And now I get a notice from Amazon that my mounts, cables, etc. are being delivered today.....

It's like Christmas morning around here!

Jerry

Yesterday afternoon I ordered a few high quality cables, filters, and a couple of tablet mounts from Amazon. I thought I would give the mounts a try and see what kind I like.

I was going to borrow my daughters iPad this week and test out flying with a larger and clearer screen.

I woke up real early this morning and had a e-mail from Best Buy and they had the new iPad Mini 5 on sale.......... I stared at it for about 5 minutes and then jumped on it. They had it in stock at my local store. 2 hours later it's in my hands.

Just took it outside and flew a test flight. HOLY COW!!

This is the greatest thing ever for flying. Screen so bright, easy to get my thumbs or fingers on for controls and menus. Absolutely a joy. The iOS software worked perfectly and the DJI App ran super fast.

Anybody thinking about an iPad should really jump on it. And now I get a notice from Amazon that my mounts, cables, etc. are being delivered today.....

It's like Christmas morning around here!

Jerry
13ED8F56-E163-45DB-9A9A-ABE563B4B2E9.jpeg

Outstanding!
I have the same and was not disappointed.
I splurged and got the data line :D

I like my iPad mini 5 as well, a great improvement over my phones and Samsung tablet.

Any reason to think an IPad mini 4 would be a worse experience? I was think about buying one used solely for the drone. Also, what upgraded cables are you referring to?

I got an iPad Mini 4 used (64 gb, data and wifi) for $200 last month. Its been great! Bright, fast, just the right size.

Daughter bought me the mini 5 for Father’s Day. Maxed out on RAM! Absolutely love it and it is dedicated solely to flying. The Samsung Tab A no longer flies but is still excellent for many other things around. The mini 5 is fantastic for flying as it it extremely easy to force kill apps when flying LITCHI or HANGAR. Picture quality is absolutely great in daylight, though I still seek shade when possible. Battery life beats the Samsung. Tab A is great for YouTube surfing at home (plugged in).

I bought the Mini 5 thinking it should be a vast improvement over the mini 4. I started too load up the 4 with all the apps that I wanted to load up on but since I dedicated the 4 solely for flying. Then it hit me....before I load up my favorite apps I will flip back and forth between the 4 and 5 (1 battery on the 4 then 1 battery on the 5) just to see if there is a vast improvement from the 5 over the 4....yes....the 5 was a bit faster, yes the screen was a bit brighter.

I'm happy I got the 5 but I really didnt have to shell out the cash because the mini 4 was still a winner in a sense it was paid for already, it worked flawless and it is still a really great option to be a dedicated device for flying all the DJI drones including the Autel EVO.. I have the Crystal Sky 7.8 dedicated to the Mavic 2 though. In a nutshell there was nothing wrong with the IPAD Mini 4.....I should of waited for the Mini 6 to justify the replacement for the mini 4.

Daughter bought me the mini 5 for Father’s Day. Maxed out on RAM! Absolutely love it and it is dedicated solely to flying. The Samsung Tab A no longer flies but is still excellent for many other things around. The mini 5 is fantastic for flying as it it extremely easy to force kill apps when flying LITCHI or HANGAR. Picture quality is absolutely great in daylight, though I still seek shade when possible. Battery life beats the Samsung. Tab A is great for YouTube surfing at home (plugged in).
All the iPad Mini 5's come with the same about of RAM, 3gb, which is a significant upgrade from the 2gb in the Mini 4.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming