DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought a used MP?

JDJHNTR

Reactions
So, for my first drone I bought a used Mavic Pro. It appears to be in really good shape. Controller, cables and chargers still have the plastic wrap on them. Anyway, I haven't done anything with it yet as wheather here has been a problem. I’ve been doing a lot of reading trying to get ready for my maiden flight. During my reading I’ve found in more than one spot that when buying a used one to be sure the seller did a factory reset on it. I contacted the seller and he did not do this. Is this something that’ll be a problem for me? Is there something I need to do before trying to fly it for the first time? Thank everyone for all your help!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hauptmann
You'll be fine, just bought platinum used and did no reset

Is there something I need to do before trying to fly it for the first time?

Yes, LOTS !!

Now, it's SO long since I got into my M1P and registered an account with DJI, you can sync data from flights, register the drone to your name, an perhaps olen an AirData account too.

Others might help with that stuff, as I'm just not into it that much in that dept.

Reset / default to factory settings.
Easy to do this from the menu, just go in and find reset to default of something similar.
You can name your drone in there somewhere in the menus too, check any info the owner might have put into the Go4 system.

You might have to do a firmware update, depends on how long it hasn't been flown for.
It will ask you to do this automatically if so required.

Calibrations might be needed, again only if asked in the Go4 app when starting up.

Check all batteries by pressing once to see how many lights come up, if flown reasonably recently, there should be 2 or so solid, maybe a third flashing.
If not flown a while these might be down to one of even nothing.
If nil, they might need waking up on the charger, and hopefully all ok.

Charge everything up, read the manual back to front, play with all menus / settings etc on the table at home, with props off for safety.

Search YouTube for > Mavic Pro unboxing . . . then search > Mavic Pro first flight
That should give you a lot of good background knowledge to go fly safely in a big open flat area, like a sports ground / oval / park etc, with no one else nearby.

Enjoy the MP, it's a great aircraft.

Reactions: JDJHNTR
Yes, LOTS !!

Now, it's SO long since I got into my M1P and registered an account with DJI, you can sync data from flights, register the drone to your name, an perhaps olen an AirData account too.

Others might help with that stuff, as I'm just not into it that much in that dept.

Reset / default to factory settings.
Easy to do this from the menu, just go in and find reset to default of something similar.
You can name your drone in there somewhere in the menus too, check any info the owner might have put into the Go4 system.

You might have to do a firmware update, depends on how long it hasn't been flown for.
It will ask you to do this automatically if so required.

Calibrations might be needed, again only if asked in the Go4 app when starting up.

Check all batteries by pressing once to see how many lights come up, if flown reasonably recently, there should be 2 or so solid, maybe a third flashing.
If not flown a while these might be down to one of even nothing.
If nil, they might need waking up on the charger, and hopefully all ok.

Charge everything up, read the manual back to front, play with all menus / settings etc on the table at home, with props off for safety.

Search YouTube for > Mavic Pro unboxing . . . then search > Mavic Pro first flight
That should give you a lot of good background knowledge to go fly safely in a big open flat area, like a sports ground / oval / park etc, with no one else nearby.

Enjoy the MP, it's a great aircraft.

Wow! Thank you for the very informative write up!
il check out the videos you suggested and go from there. Thank you again!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan