DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bought the wrong tablet

Eagle430

Reactions
Hi everyone,
I just bought a Lenovo tab m8 tb-8705 model as it looked it had everything I needed to fly my mavicpro 2. (Octa core/4gb ram/android 9)
However when I opened it is a Chinese version and it has its own app store which is a nightmare as it's in Chinese and I don't know how to change the language of this app store. Furthermore when I download Google play store and Google services they dont work. I get the message all the time Google play services as stopped working they can not be opened.
At least the DJI go 4 was in the Chinese app and I managed to download it and it seems to be working (didn't connect it with my drone yet) but I can sign in etc.

When DJI go 4 /DJI has updates eg new firmware etc. How can I know that there is an update ? Google play is not supported and also I can not manually check for updates since the installed Chinese app store is in Chinese
Its very nerve braking hope there is a solution

If it is a genuine Lenovo you will be able to change the language and it should update to Android 10 automatically. If not it might be a scam device (counterfeit). I was scammed on a Samsung Galaxy S8 at one point and it sounded just like that experience.

I would not trust the device if it will not do the Lenovo updates. As a scam device the battery may die at any time, it could have software bugs and in general is far from reliable.

Try fully resetting it and see if it starts up and allows you to choose a language and set it up properly.

You might be able to change the language. The challenge is probably finding the correct app and then wading though settings you can't read. (Had this happen to me with a dash cam that came in Russian).

Here's a site that explains how to change the language.. Hopefully you can do it by selecting Icons and not having to read the Chinese text How to change the language on Lenovo Tab M8 (HD)

Solved..!!
The problem was not to change the language but as I wrote everything related to Google including play store,Google,Gmail couldn't work. Also the native app store of the tablet was in Chinese. I changed the language and region that was not a problem

What I did after some help from Lenovo community was to run an app called rescue and it downloaded a European version Android and installed it to the tablet. Now everything is fine and the Google play store is installed

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito