DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand new mavic pro. I can’t calibrate for the life of me

Greenyeti

Reactions
Hi! So let me start buy saying I’m new to drones. But with that, I’m pretty experienced in r/c. Weather it be planes, heli’s, cars, boats etc. so I do have knowledge and background.

i got this pro brand new.

at first no battery’s would charge. Called DGI and they said they had a recall on some bad battery’s. So they sent me new ones and I sent mine back.

a real bummer to buy such a expensive drone and immediately not get to use it because it was bought broken....

Now my issues are calibration. I can’t for the life of me get it to calibrate.

the errors I am getting are:

-gyroscope error
-gimbals cannot receive mani controller data
-IMU error
-compass error
-magnetic interface error
-gimbal and Main controller disconnected

I have the latest firmware downloaded, All battery’s are charged.

I have tried it in a field with ZERO metal anywhere in sight. I have powered down the drone and control multiple times.

I have tried to calibrate the IMU literally probably 100 times now. And it will go thought the entire calibration, and tell me “calibration success!” And I restart the drone and BAM it’s right back in my error menu reading a error.

I need help!

Hi! So let me start buy saying I’m new to drones. But with that, I’m pretty experienced in r/c. Weather it be planes, heli’s, cars, boats etc. so I do have knowledge and background.

i got this pro brand new.

at first no battery’s would charge. Called DGI and they said they had a recall on some bad battery’s. So they sent me new ones and I sent mine back.

a real bummer to buy such a expensive drone and immediately not get to use it because it was bought broken....

Now my issues are calibration. I can’t for the life of me get it to calibrate.

the errors I am getting are:

-gyroscope error
-gimbals cannot receive mani controller data
-IMU error
-compass error
-magnetic interface error
-gimbal and Main controller disconnected

I have the latest firmware downloaded, All battery’s are charged.

I have tried it in a field with ZERO metal anywhere in sight. I have powered down the drone and control multiple times.

I have tried to calibrate the IMU literally probably 100 times now. And it will go thought the entire calibration, and tell me “calibration success!” And I restart the drone and BAM it’s right back in my error menu reading a error.

I need help!
@Greenyeti welcome to the forum
it sounds like it has been standing around for a long time on a shelf somewhere, is it a MP1 or a MPP they have not been produced for a long time now,
i have seen this issue before and although it sounds a bit strange ,the way to try and fix it is to give the drone a good tap with your hand on the bottom of the metal heat sync under the drone to activate the giros and IMU, as they can become stuck after a long spell of inactivity,its either a true fact, or an old wives tale ,but i have heard of it several times

Last edited:
Reactions: Bekanne
it sounds like it has been standing around for a long time on a shelf somewhere, is it a MP1 or a MPP they have not been produced for a long time now,
i have seen this issue before and although it sounds a bit strange ,the way to try and fix it is to give the drone a good tap with your hand on the bottom of the metal heat sync under the drone to activate the giros and IMU, as they can become stuck after a long spell of inactivity,its either a true fact, or an old wives tale ,but i have heard of it several times

thanks for the reply.

the drone is the mavic pro. Not the platinum.
I just tried to tape the bottom of the drone a couple good times. Have it some good thuds with the palm of my hand in multiple orientations.

turned it on, and BAM! same errors....

I tried to calibrate the IMU one more time (probably the 120th time I have done that)

it ran through the set up, and said once again “calibration success!” on too ok have the error still exist...

I think this brand new drone is garbage....

and I think DGI will get a phone call tomorrow. I’m not happy. Ibought this and then immediately had to wait a month for new batteries because the ones that cake with it didn’t work. Now this...

thanks for the reply.

the drone is the mavic pro. Not the platinum.
I just tried to tape the bottom of the drone a couple good times. Have it some good thuds with the palm of my hand in multiple orientations.

turned it on, and BAM! same errors....

I tried to calibrate the IMU one more time (probably the 120th time I have done that)

it ran through the set up, and said once again “calibration success!” on too ok have the error still exist...

I think this brand new drone is garbage....

and I think DGI will get a phone call tomorrow. I’m not happy. Ibought this and then immediately had to wait a month for new batteries because the ones that cake with it didn’t work. Now this...
sorry it sounds like a dud where did you purchase it from may i ask as i said before they have not been produced for some time

Reactions: Thomas B
You would be surprised. I looked up my MPP and it was made August 15 of 2019. I would have never thought they would still be producing them in 2019 at all.

Reactions: old man mavic
You would be surprised. I looked up my MPP and it was made August 15 of 2019. I would have never thought they would still be producing them in 2019 at all.
yes the MPP carried on for some time after the MP1 production ended that why i asked which version he had

Reactions: BillySteph
It‘s wild that they are still cranking them out. I chose the Platinum because I am still basically a beginner and it came down to cost. My Platinum surpasses my skill level by leaps and bounds anyway. They have to be selling a ton of them to still be manufacturing them up until at least December..... Makes me feel good about my choice. I still have not been able to fly.

We had snow the day I bought it and it’s been raining since. So I have a brand new Platinum and Mavic Mini just waiting for nicer weather.

I got a MPP Jan. 6th 2020 Here is when it was made.

Model: Mavic Pro, build on: 8. December 2019

Reactions: Capt KO
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore