Join Us Now

Brand New pilot

Welcome to the club!
• Read the manual
• Fully understand the RTH functions and settings
• Do not fly indoors without prop guards
• Tape some ribbon to your gimbal clamp so you won't forget to remove it
• Watch crash videos to learn from the mistakes of others
• Fly in a wide-open area and always keep it in sight (at least at first)
• Watch this 12 tips video.

I could go on and on but this is good enough for starters. Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: Daviation
Welcome to the club!
• Read the manual
• Fully understand the RTH functions and settings
• Do not fly indoors without prop guards
• Tape some ribbon to your gimbal clamp so you won't forget to remove it
• Watch crash videos to learn from the mistakes of others
• Fly in a wide-open area and always keep it in sight (at least at first)
• Watch this 12 tips video.

I could go on and on but this is good enough for starters. Enjoy!
Really good video. Thanks for posting it. I'm also new to the club...in fact I'm newer than new. I can't have my Mavic until Christmas. :(

... I can't have my Mavic until Christmas. :(
Welcome! Christmas is right around the corner. Seriously, watch crash videos. They will show you what to avoid doing. And even if the weather is crap on Christmas day, avoid the temptation to fly indoors. Joy can turn to sadness in an instant.

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob

Got one question which may seem stupid but answer may save me!!!!
Is the altitude reading sensing the drone above the ground or above sea level...….i.e. if I take off on top of a cliff and fly over the edge will my drone stay level or drop like a stone.

Is the altitude reading sensing the drone above the ground or above sea level
It's the altitude above the takeoff point. The takeoff point is always at 0 feet.

I take off on top of a cliff and fly over the edge will my drone stay level or drop like a stone
It will continue to fly at the same altitude.

Good afternoon all from the Pacific Northwest. Yay, Christmas is over and I got to open my MPP and made its maiden flight Christmas afternoon. Then it’s been raining ever since. But today CAVU although only 40 degrees. Flew through 3 batteries and finally took it out of beginners mode on the last battery. LOTS to learn!

QUESTION: I flew for a bit over an hour. My remote still shows 72% charge. What is the thinking as far as the LiPo battery in the remote go? Charge each time or let it drain lower and then recharge?

Happy droning!

What is the thinking as far as the LiPo battery in the remote go? Charge each time or let it drain lower and then recharge?
There's no need to drain it to a certain level before recharging. Make sure you have enough charge before heading out to fly. And don't allow the battery to completely drain itself while in storage.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas