DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brand New Replacement Mavic Air 2 Fans Sounding Odd?

AtortPhotography

Reactions
Does this sound normal to you? Listen at like the 18 second mark...it is doing that constantly for some reason and doesn't seen normal. The fans sound like they are wanting to start spinning or something and can't....don't remember hearing the fans every sounding like this with my first Mavic Air 2. I literally just received my replacement Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo today and was getting everything going and updating to the new firmware which took longer than I thought. The fans are really sounding odd like they are not working or trying to go on fully or something? Almost like they are throttling on and off which I have never heard before from my previous Mavic Air 2. Anyone have any thoughts on this or have this with yours? Thanks.

Last edited:
It's probably a good thing the fans are working, my drones go from fully off to fully on if they are sitting around turned on and they start to heat up

It's probably a good thing the fans are working, my drones go from fully off to fully on if they are sitting around turned on and they start to heat up
I attached a second video...it is just a really weird sound to hear the fans pulse or something like that....to me doesn't sound right.

I attached a second video...it is just a really weird sound to hear the fans pulse or something like that....to me doesn't sound right.

Is the noise your referring to at 2.15 in the video, sounds like someone snorting ?
The 3.19 fans noise is what I am more used to

Is the noise your referring to at 2.15 in the video, sounds like someone snorting ?
The 3.19 fans noise is what I am more used to
Exactly it does sound like that! I never heard this before from any of my drones. I literally have not even flown this one either just got from DJI today and was updating the firmware and sounded horribly wrong to my ears at least.

To me it sounds as if the fan cannot rotate freely at low power and only really takes off at high power. The propeller could be off balance or improperly aligned with one of its blades scratching the inner surface of the fan enclosure.

Last edited:
Yes it does sound like a mechanical issue with the fan, probably needs to go back just in case the fan fails totally

I think it goes through a lot of tests during the update. What does it do on a normal start?

I just tried my M2 and after the fast start, I can hear the fan running slowly at a constant speed.
Sounds like your fan is getting caught, until it can overcome resistance at high speed. Try resting the phone on the drone while the fan is running and it will pick-up on any underlying vibration/bearing issues.

< Drone Noise.mov >

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98