DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bricked my Mavic Pro

I don’t remember. I had no connection to remote. No wifi broadcast. No USB connection. Yellow flashing light. Mavic wouldn’t turn off after turning on (I just had to pull out the battery). I never looked at the gimbal. Bind button light was unresponsive.

I don’t remember. I had no connection to remote. No wifi broadcast. No USB connection. Yellow flashing light. Mavic wouldn’t turn off after turning on (I just had to pull out the battery). I never looked at the gimbal. Bind button light was unresponsive.

Magic.
Thanks for the response - just possible you have saved my life here! will post progress...

Hi guys. Having the same problem, after downgrade mavic is starting like normal but when it should connect to pc it does and disconnect and keeps doing that flashing all red and even i think not cooling itself. Brick?
So You say that if i remove this internal sd it should be again visable by assistant and possible to firmware manage?

Hey @Ardy thanks a lot for the method, saved my life. In an upgrade DUMLDORE crashed and never finished. Wasn't able to pair with the remote, couldn't connect to PC (there was a HW interface fire up/disable all time) and with your method I could relive my bird. When removed 4Gb internal SD (my bird manufactured Apr 2018) took the opportunity and installed a 16Gb I had by chance.

I installed 04.100 first in the remote with DJI Assistant and when removed the SD, same version in the bird. Had to re-bind remote (following the DJI official manual).

Noticed that when bricked the LED just next to pair button in the bird was in red all the time no matter if in Wifi or RC. After reflash there was an instant green on Wifi and a blinking RED when in RC.

Cheers

Hi guys. Having the same problem, after downgrade mavic is starting like normal but when it should connect to pc it does and disconnect and keeps doing that flashing all red and even i think not cooling itself. Brick?
So You say that if i remove this internal sd it should be again visable by assistant and possible to firmware manage?

Yeah. My cooling fan wasn’t working either when it was bricked. Removing the internal SD card will fix your problem

So I have a bricked mavic as above. I removed the internal SD card (after removing glue) and tried to connect to PC via assistant 2 but it still won't recognize the mavic. I disabled the driver signing verification in the startup process plus a couple of settings in regedit that were said to help the driver install process.. I reinstalled Assistant 2 and the driver was a "windows 10 driver" which I saw in the DJI forum.

However, when I plug in the mavic to the PC, the pc beeps (like it just found a new device) but the device manager says "unknown device". I am using my own usb cable, a fast charge micro usb - 2 different ones but both fast charging cables and the PC will not recognize the device - nor will assistant 2. I don't have the original usb cable that came with the mavic.

I just need to be able to get any device to recognize the mavic so I can install the latest firmware.

Any Ideas anyone on how I can get the PC to see the mavic??

am on Windows 7

So I have a bricked mavic as above. I removed the internal SD card (after removing glue) and tried to connect to PC via assistant 2 but it still won't recognize the mavic. I disabled the driver signing verification in the startup process plus a couple of settings in regedit that were said to help the driver install process.. I reinstalled Assistant 2 and the driver was a "windows 10 driver" which I saw in the DJI forum.

However, when I plug in the mavic to the PC, the pc beeps (like it just found a new device) but the device manager says "unknown device". I am using my own usb cable, a fast charge micro usb - 2 different ones but both fast charging cables and the PC will not recognize the device - nor will assistant 2. I don't have the original usb cable that came with the mavic.

I just need to be able to get any device to recognize the mavic so I can install the latest firmware.

Any Ideas anyone on how I can get the PC to see the mavic??

am on Windows 7

Either contact support (which I'm trying first) or use the method described above (which will VOID any warranty you have with DJI).

Reactions: Ardy
Hey all just letting you know that my mavic pro platinum was in criticul error mode and had a solid red light and didn't want to connect to dji assistant 2 as the drone was not letting it connect.
Solution was to just leave the drone plunge in with a full battery till it finally got a connection after about 5 min but I had to use the Dumbledore program to flash it back to the latest firmware as I was dumb snuff to try and downgraded it to 700 .

Just So you all know I'm never going to to that again just so that i could fly faster.

Hey all just letting you know that my mavic pro platinum was in criticul error mode and had a solid red light and didn't want to connect to dji assistant 2 as the drone was not letting it connect.
Solution was to just leave the drone plunge in with a full battery till it finally got a connection after about 5 min but I had to use the Dumbledore program to flash it back to the latest firmware as I was dumb snuff to try and downgraded it to 700 .

Just So you all know I'm never going to to that again just so that i could fly faster.
Only that? I’m with the exact same problema and drone as you...
OH MY F#### GOD!!! It’s alive!!!

So did you follow my solution ore a combination of solutions? And hopefully mypost helped as i did it as i couldn't find any help.

From what I understood, removing the internal micro sd card only works on the olders mavic pro. in the newer ones, like the platinium, the solve is wait til the pc recognizes the drone... I'm just upgrading, but my drone is already working!

Sounds right as I took out my SIM but it didn't work then after hours of trying everything I decided to leave it plugged in and that for some reason let it connect again but I did find that to fix everything I had to use Dumbledore to flash it back to the latest firmware.

I am hitting the same issue and will try this SD card flashing system. I've also found the following tutorial on how to downgrade and avoid the rollback blocker. Can anyone verify that this works?

Thanks!

Hi All, Just joined, guess what? Ive just bricked mine too trying to roll back and forth firmware to unlock FCC.
Anyways, im at the stage where my MPP is constsntly connecting/disconnecting to my PC so as i type this, im trying just leaving DJI assistant running and it connected to see if it will eventually register the device. Theres solid RED leds all round, MPP is silent no fan, full battery, RC doesnt connect and constantly trying to connect.

Ive read through the post and opening her up is the next step, but how do you install the firmware onto just an sd card? Are you simply copying the file using windows? then reinstalling the internal card back into the drone? This is where im getting lost on the thread. TIA

Edit: Just before i hit reply, DJI Assistant connected ? but still, the manual firmware update would be good to know

Hi All, Just joined, guess what? Ive just bricked mine too trying to roll back and forth firmware to unlock FCC.
Anyways, im at the stage where my MPP is constsntly connecting/disconnecting to my PC so as i type this, im trying just leaving DJI assistant running and it connected to see if it will eventually register the device. Theres solid RED leds all round, MPP is silent no fan, full battery, RC doesnt connect and constantly trying to connect.

Ive read through the post and opening her up is the next step, but how do you install the firmware onto just an sd card? Are you simply copying the file using windows? then reinstalling the internal card back into the drone? This is where im getting lost on the thread. TIA

Edit: Just before i hit reply, DJI Assistant connected ? but still, the manual firmware update would be good to know

Don't open it. You will most likely break it by doing so as everything is VERY buried.

Just use this patcher: brett8883/DJI_Super-Patcher

I've successfully regressed many Mavics with it that all don't have the SD card, as well as, recovered a Mavic that was bricked by someone else screwing up the firmware process.

Follow the instructions EXACTLY and read them before mashing buttons. Let me know if you have any questions.

but how do you install the firmware onto just an sd card?

No one ever said to do that. LOL. Have another read through the forum before you attempt to fix it.

You just have to erase the data on the internal SD card and proceed as usual.

I found the fix. I give 100% credit to myself. LMAO. I opened the darn thing up and took out the internal SD card. Not the one for video. The one for firmware files. Then, I installed the firmware I wanted, I formatted the Internal Memory Chip on my PC and put it back in. Everything works now.

I'm having a similar issue. The computer is connecting and disconnecting from the drone repeatedly. I'm confused though. Did your drone connect to the computer after removing the internal SD card..? How did you flash the firmware after removing it if it was having trouble connecting to your computer?

You’re lucky I had email notifications turned on or else I would’ve never looked back at this 2 year old thread.

The internal SD card is for FIRMWARE PARAMETERS not for THE FIRMWARE. The actual firmware is stored on a non removable chip.

The new firmwares (can’t remember starting from which one) don’t have parameters since DJI stopped allowing people to modify them (removing height limits, speed limits, NFZ, etc.) so they don’t need that internal SD card to run.

Once you remove the SD card you MUST flash one of the new ones that does not allow user modifications. Then you can either leave it like that. No SD card (later production Mavics that ship with new firmware that don’t need the SD card don’t even have one. They ship with an empty card reader slot) Or if you need to downgrade. Then format the SD card using your PC. Put it back in and then downgrade to whatever you like. I’ve mentioned my favourite firmware in the previous posts.

You’re lucky I had email notifications turned on or else I would’ve never looked back at this 2 year old thread.

The internal SD card is for FIRMWARE PARAMETERS not for THE FIRMWARE. The actual firmware is stored on a non removable chip.

The new firmwares (can’t remember starting from which one) don’t have parameters since DJI stopped allowing people to modify them (removing height limits, speed limits, NFZ, etc.) so they don’t need that internal SD card to run.

Once you remove the SD card you MUST flash one of the new ones that does not allow user modifications. Then you can either leave it like that. No SD card (later production Mavics that ship with new firmware that don’t need the SD card don’t even have one. They ship with an empty card reader slot) Or if you need to downgrade. Then format the SD card using your PC. Put it back in and then downgrade to whatever you like. I’ve mentioned my favourite firmware in the previous posts.
Yeah, but how do I flash the firmware when I can't connect to a computer or controller?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan