DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bricked my Mavic Pro

Once you remove the SD card it should connect to your PC

I tried downgrading my Mavic Pro from v01.04.0100 to v01.03.0400 and when I rebooted my Mavic, it wouldn't connect via USB to DJI Assistant 2, or Dumldore or the RC. I cannot access the Mavic in any way to re-flash the firmware. I tried switching USB cables and switching to another computer running MacOS. Nothing works. Is there anything I can do now?

Did it connect to the computer and just not the assistant? Mine will not connect to the computer. Maybe that's the difference here lol

I can’t remember. It was 2 years ago.
Have you opened the drone up and removed the internal SD card (not the one for videos)

I can’t remember. It was 2 years ago.
Have you opened the drone up and removed the internal SD card (not the one for videos)
Yeah, but it has the same issue. It's like a device is being plugged in and removed repeatedly. I thought it was a drivers issue at first, but the controllers pair to the assistant just fine.

If only there was a way to flash the firmware from the SD card slot... I tried putting a firmware bin on it, but no luck. For the Phantom 3, you can add a debug file that forces it, but who knows with the Mavic

Try this:

1. format the SD card with your PC

2. put the formatted and empty SD card back in the powered down drone

3. then turn it on and attempt connecting to PC

I deleted everything from the card and plugged it back in and now it just has a solid red light in the back and is not recognized by the assistant still.

I deleted everything from the card and plugged it back in and now it just has a solid red light in the back and is not recognized by the assistant still.

If by “delete” you mean “format” then this is another issue.

If you just deleted all the files, that is wrong. You must FORMAT

So, if I understand all of this right, first, open the bird up, then get the int sd card out, put that in a pc and format it, then put it back in the bird, re-connect it to pc, run dumldor v3 (current) , load a new firmware the latest as long as it's same as the remote, then re-bind?

So, if I understand all of this right, first, open the bird up, then get the int sd card out, put that in a pc and format it, then put it back in the bird, re-connect it to pc, run dumldor v3 (current) , load a new firmware the latest as long as it's same as the remote, then re-bind?

Yup. You may need to connect to DJI assistant first before dumldore after inserting the formatted SD card toverify the drone with DJI (guess as many companies will do this to prevent pirating of their tech)

so, it looks like my problem is different. i found that to use the dumldore , you still have to be recognized by the pc. i still am not able to be seen by my laptop. no connection at all.
Also, I havent found ANY info on what a solid red sync light means. Any idea?

That looks like it's taking about the status indicator light, I'm talking about the link indicator light under the bind button, by the SD card slot.

Mine just keeps connecting and disconnecting from the computer and I can’t bind it to the controller, so unless there is a way of updating it without either I guess I’ll have to send it in :/ I’ve tried using DankDownloader to download a firmware and placed it on both the internal and external SD cardS, held down the pairing button, and turned on the drone as was the method with the phantom 3 in the past, but no luck.

If anybody reaches this "bootloop" state (when drone connected to PC via USB disconnects and reconnects in sequence) - just leave a drone turned on for about 30-50 min with fully charged battery (of course USB should be disconnected too). Looks like after some amount of boot failures drone initiates a restore process automatically. At least this worked in my case with same symptoms, as TS did. As a sign of succesfull restore - a LED near SD card slot and reset button, will stop blinking. No need to disassemble a drone with this approach, I hope this will help anybody to save some time!

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom