DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Brilliant Case for Mavic 2

under the lid foam? unless you have a rather large landing pad
That's not a bad idea. My current landing pad wouldn't fit, but maybe a smaller one would. Thanx!

That's not a bad idea. My current landing pad wouldn't fit, but maybe a smaller one would. Thanx!
yea i have the 110cm pad i bought the biggest i could for my Inspire 1 and figured was better to have one large that worked for all drones rather than multiple pads for each. but right now untill i get my SRC my 8in tablet fits under the lid foam

Hi folks, I have just bought my first case for my M2. I didn’t want to pay £110 for the DJI one, so I looked on amazon, but I also didn’t want a really cheapy one. I got this one, the Smatree SmaCase DH800M2. It’s fantastic. Really secure locking clips on the box, which is something I was worried about, foam inside is very sturdy and fits well, doesn’t shift around at all. The inserts are perfectly cut for the Mavic 2 and it’s accessories. Everything fits perfectly as there’s no extra room in the inserts but at same time you don’t have to push the foam to get things in. IP67 Rated but haven’t tested water resistance and stuff yet. Really really impressed. And best thing is. It only costs £57.99. Much much cheaper than DJI’s own case. Just thought I’d let everyone know as I’m really impressed and thought other people may be looking for cases but don’t want to shell out £110 for DJI one.

Jacob [emoji4]
06e67373464b5d99877c9be08b27df96.jpg
a21097843a16cd49878cc2fded6aeb61.jpg
2d9428abbdef00206981351fa7f3bb0d.jpg
33036320cc577c2e831102784a05d454.jpg
930690fd8f596d46a774d87a3c775005.jpg
I have the same brand, but the model that has the 4 batteries slots instead of 3. I love it ! Also it's much smaller than the case I had for my Mavic pro platinum ;)

I totally agree. I think the DJI case is perfect. It even fits the new Smart Controller. Now, the only thing I need to fly that does not fit in the case is my landing pad.

Does your anemometer fit inthe DJI case?

I find the DJI case is OK if it is just the drone, a spare battery and controller. But for any serious user the DJI bag is too small. You can cram the drone and most of the fly more kit in the bag but then it is too tightly packed and it puts stress on the drone.

Just got a Smatree backpack. It is what I selected for traveling, it gives me a combination of what I need, easy to transport, hard shell and I manage to fit my smart controller. It is not as hard as a hard case like the ones from Pelikan or DJI but it is a hard shell not soft as you would expect in a backpack. They had this model for Mavic 2 but not smart controller space. It has a space for GoPro hero camera. Looking into size of GoPro and SC I figure out it would fit. I took the risk and for me it work wonders. I am very happy with what I accomplish.

I had to remove the hard protective foam on the GoPro compartment and replace it with customizable magic foam. Wish I could have find a hard foam which could be customizable. If anyone know how to search in Amazon or somewhere else, please let me know.

This is what I accomplished with the customizable magic foam:

View attachment 64207

I even manage to have a space for my filter and some other accessories.

So the screen or display would not get scratch I have added a hard glass protector shield and I anyway cover it with a cleaning cloth before closing the compartment zipper:

View attachment 64208
This and image of the original product and a link to it:

View attachment 64209
https://www.amazon.com/Smatree-Backpack-Compatible-Mavic-GoPro/dp/B07D49PGH5

The good news is that I can still fit the original controller in the place for it on the main compartment so I can carry both, or just drop some other type of accessories in that space.

I wish Smatree would consider doing the foam form using the proper hard foam for the extra protection.

The customizable foam I used is the following:
https://www.amazon.com/Customizable...SM5Q87RC6T5&psc=1&refRID=KZ4E8K5MBSM5Q87RC6T5

If some knows how to find the hard foam please let me know.

Reactions: Inspirephil
I use this one DJI Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom Carrying Case - EXPLORER Edition - Fits DJI Smart Remote which carries all the kit. They do a more compact version and one that holds the goggles as well

It seems that Home - MC-CASES.COM (they are on amazon as well) only do drone cases because they are drone flyers themselves. As with most German Engineering they are well thought out and good quality but not expensive. .
I have the MC-Cases version for my Cendence remote and crystal sky monitor and it’s a very good case for transporting it along with a lot of extra room for accessories as well.
As you said German engineering is thought out very well and I am very happy with this purchase.

Reactions: jagraphics
I have the MC-Cases version for my Cendence remote and crystal sky monitor and it’s a very good case for transporting it along with a lot of extra room for accessories as well.
As you said German engineering is thought out very well and I am very happy with this purchase.
MC just announced a compact case for the M2 with Smart Controller and also a bigger one. You can preorder now for delivery after March 15th.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661