DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

broken gimbal camera wire

sorry to rehash an old thread here,

will the camera display in the Go app if the flex it broken but not this stranded wire? i know my flex is toast but not sure about the stranded.

will the camera display in the Go app if the flex it broken but not this stranded wire? i know my flex is toast but not sure about the stranded.

Yes you will get a video feed but also a gimbal motor overload or gimbal motor obstructed message.

BTW,rehashing an old thread is fine. It means that you did your research. Alot of people dont.

yeah I've just got a black screen in the GO app, so this is my option before full gimbal replacement. figure i would try the less expensive yet time consuming options first.

yeah I've just got a black screen in the GO app, so this is my option before full gimbal replacement. figure i would try the less expensive yet time consuming options first.

Thats the best way to go, cheapest parts first.

When you are pulling the camera barrel off of the motor assembly, it might not want to move. I use 2 pairs of pliers and put duct tape down to avoid scratching the motor assembly or the barrel.

Reactions: mad monkey
do you have a good write up/video on the installation of this cable? I've watched a few about the ribbon already.

Nope, but you just have to do all the steps you have to do to replace the ribbon, and then take off another motor cover, and pull apart the 2 pieces. Threading the LVDS cable is alot easier than threading the ribbon.

This video should help you:

Thats a very helpful overall video but be careful how you do it because metal tweezers could easily damage the pins on the male and female connectors and should not be used to pry connectors loose if you dont have a steady hands and lots of patience.

1. You dont need to unscrew these 3 screws

1 Dont unscrew gimbal PCB.jpg

2. You dont need to remove the hook

2 Dont unscrew anti drop hook.jpg

3. Dont use a screwdriver, use your fingernail.

3 Dont use a screwdriver use your fingernail.jpg

4. You dont need to remove this connector

4 You dont need to remove this connector to change the LVDS cable.jpg

5. You dont need to remove this connector

5 You dont need to remove this connector.jpg

6. You dont need to remove this connector either

6 You dont need to remove this connector either.jpg

7. This part can be stubborn Gentle force is needed to slide it back

7 This part can be stubborn Gentle force is needed to slide it back.jpg

8. Not necessary and could damage your silver cable

8 Not necessary and could damage your silver cable.jpg

9. DONT DO THIS it will damage your LVDS cable

9 DONT DO THIS it will damage your LVDS cable.jpg

10. Pry it apart with 2 pairs of pliers laying down duct tape first to avoid scrape marks from the pliers

10 Pry it apart with 2 pairs of pliers laying down dusct tape first.jpg

11. Use your index fingernail to pry up the end of the connector

11 Use your index fingernail to pry up the end of the connector.jpg

12. It doesnt need to go around just needs enough slack so that it doesnt pull the cable from the lens when the gimbal is moved to its furthest point.

12 It doesnt need to go around just needs enough slack.jpg

I've got it all apart, took my time, used my nails lots to pop up the tabs (delayed cutting them few days ago for this reason, eww longer nails haha)

just working on getting the flex folded back up and in, so glad I'm doing both at once!

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911