DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken Gimbal....

You wont need to solder anything on a ribbon replacement or gimbal repair. Only soldering is when I replace a main board or arm.

BTW do you have DJI Refresh or any other insurance?

:( no .... I'm to cheap(I should have bought the Refresh..) ... what is the policy for insurance am I too late to get it? also I the more I watch the videos I believe you are correct about the cable.

too late for me ... alwell .. learned from my mistake. does give me a chance to learn more about the mavic. I hope it's just the cable. we will see thank you Thunder.

Hello, did you find a solution for your problem? And what was it?
I have the exactly same problem after a crash but on my mavic the rubber things on the vibration board broke, ribbon cable broke and also the camera cable..
I have replaced the vibration board and the ribbon cable still waiting for the camera cable. But when i turn the mavic on (without the camera cable) It behaves exactly as your video shows, identically and gimbal gets hot.
I have not done anything with firmware, calibrations and so on, and the messages are gimbal motor overload, gimbal restarting. Tried to calibrate the gimbal but with no success..
Any ideas? Ordered a complete new gimbal today but it would be nice to have this one working!

Hello, did you find a solution for your problem? And what was it?
I have the exactly same problem after a crash but on my mavic the rubber things on the vibration board broke, ribbon cable broke and also the camera cable..
I have replaced the vibration board and the ribbon cable still waiting for the camera cable. But when i turn the mavic on (without the camera cable) It behaves exactly as your video shows, identically and gimbal gets hot.
I have not done anything with firmware, calibrations and so on, and the messages are gimbal motor overload, gimbal restarting. Tried to calibrate the gimbal but with no success..
Any ideas? Ordered a complete new gimbal today but it would be nice to have this one working!

Probably one of your gimbals motors is damaged.

Probably one of your gimbals motors is damaged.
Ok, thanks. Is what i suspect as well.. Can motors be replaced or is it the entire gimbal assembly? Thanks for your support! It is fantastic to have the oppurtunity to ask for help in forums like this!

Thank you Thunderdrones but I live in Sweden so its far away.. anyway i got the new gimbal yesterday and installed it. Workes perfectly! After some calibrations of sensors, IMU and so on my mavic is as good as new again! Now it just need to stop raining..
I will try to find a gimbal assembly to my old gimbal. Would be good to have it up and running as a spare part if the accident is there again.
One question, in daylight the hover is stable as a rock. But when it is dark it does not keep the altitude. Moves slowly up and down like 1-1,5 meters. Is this normal?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom