DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken remote cable

JoeSoap76

Reactions
Well, this is frustrating. And at £31 (including delivery) quite expensive.

Can’t think I was particularly ham-fisted with it, it just came away still attached to my iPhone when I’d finished flying this morning. :(

IMG_1072.JPG

You could connect your Apple device to the USB port on the bottom of the remote controller via a Lightning cable.

After all the problem with that plug I have been using just to charge, using usb only.

Reactions: JoeSoap76
You can use your ipad device or phone charging cord by plugging it in below. here is a picture showing where the plug is

20181214_102148.jpg

After all the problem with that plug I have been using just to charge, using usb only.

There was a thread a while back about the port on the side of the controller being fragile and the poster had started using something like this, with a detachable magnetic end that they just left in the port for charging:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XYNWPTC

I got some to try, but with the magnetic bit in the controller it was continually losing connection to the iPhone connected to the bottom port, so I went back to the side port.

There was a thread a while back about the port on the side of the controller being fragile and the poster had started using something like this, with a detachable magnetic end that they just left in the port for charging:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XYNWPTC

I got some to try, but with the magnetic bit in the controller it was continually losing connection to the iPhone connected to the bottom port, so I went back to the side port.
Most use the magnetic ONLY for charging, not for telemetry.

Just came in amazon 2 min ago [emoji850] not suppose to know

Oh, that’s what I was doing: magnetic bit in the side port, iPhone connected through bottom port. Seemed to interfere with the connection quite badly.
you might check the cords (or it may be something else)... i know more knowledgable pilots than me that are using this setup exclusively with no issues.

Well, this is frustrating. And at £31 (including delivery) quite expensive.

Joe: I never use my DJI-provided mini cables because I use a tablet and the USB-A lower port but I wish you were in the US as I'd send you mine. I never use my iPhone any more with the M2P.

you might check the cords (or it may be something else)... i know more knowledgable pilots than me that are using this setup exclusively with no issues.
Yup... took the chance today to try again with a different cable to the iPhone and it worked. Guess the one I was using before was a little bit duff. :)

Reactions: Aerial West
Yup... took the chance today to try again with a different cable to the iPhone and it worked. Guess the one I was using before was a little bit duff. :)
Haha, yeah, sometimes its the silliest things. i hatew when i do a bunch of troubleshooting for deep, technical things, and then i just wiggle a cable and everything works. AHH!

Reactions: JoeSoap76
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign