DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Broken tabs on Mavic 3E battery

ALDOTBrant

Reactions
One of my pilots forced a Mavic 3E battery into the charger and the plastic tab separating the power nodes broke. This leaves no plastic between the two pieces of metal. Is this still safe to fly? I've found nothing online anywhere about this.

I would use a small piece of plastic(bottle, credit card) to replace the lost piece. Thisk enough to match the other good ones. Add just a touch of CA adhesive to hold it then trim to fit top and side.

Reactions: ALDOTBrant
New battery $209 new Mavic 3E $4000 the math is simple.
I wouldn’t trust this battery any more.
See if DJI will replace it.
No problem your battery is unsafe because the connections from the Battery to the drone have been compromised, and you Risk not only crashing your drone but worse yet crashing into someone or something because you have no control of it. If you are insistent on fixing it Battery shells are available for purchase and you can stick your good cells into it. BUT for all that work and the cost of a battery shell you might as well replace the battery. You are not gonna save that much fixing it.

Reactions: ALDOTBrant
Thanks for the feedback. I will err on the side of caution and get with DJI to see if they will replace it.

One of my pilots forced a Mavic 3E battery into the charger and the plastic tab separating the power nodes broke. This leaves no plastic between the two pieces of metal. Is this still safe to fly? I've found nothing online anywhere about this.
I understand that maybe a child could do something like this... but a PILOT? Wowza. 😧

Part of being a pilot is knowing how to pay attention to details. Properly mounting a battery onto a charger (without forcing it to the point of breakage) is a concept most of us grasp as children.

These batteries are designed to seat down into the charger slot on their own weight and then simply click/clamp into place with the gentle force of one finger.

Hopefully DJI replaces it and your pilot refrains from brute forcing it again in the future. Godspeed!

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams