DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Browsing the internet using the RC controller

Amit Dunsky

Reactions
Site
www.facebook.com
There isn't any specific forum for the RC, so I'll just put that here.
There is actually quite an easy to browse the internet with you RC, although there isn't any direct browser access available:
  • From the main screen (not the Fly App's), enter your profile.
  • Enter the DJI forum.
  • In the first page, find any youtube video. Once you see the video running, click on the YouTube logo to... enter YouTube.
  • Once in YouTube, enter your Google Account, and from there you can easily select any Google app you're using.
I didn't stress the RC too much, but I was able to use the web based interface of Gmail, read and write email messages, without any problem.

Enjoy ;)

20220810_144227.jpg

Just remember close all applications and browsers before using the fly app. This will take resources to the app and can result in very poor performance.

Reactions: Amit Dunsky
Just remember close all applications and browsers before using the fly app. This will take resources to the app and can result in very poor performance.
Well, this is really just a POC. Furthermore, to run this you need an Internet connection, and if this is available to you, most likely you're near a computer or have your phone with you, so it's much easier and makes more sense to use those.. :D
I really use the RC just to fly my drone. Not looking to squeeze any other juice from it...

Reactions: YVRGUY
I really use the RC just to fly my drone. Not looking to squeeze any other juice from it...

Yeah, I don't understand people looking to do their email or other things on their controller. I know you were just illustrating how to get to a web browser on the RC. The only app I needed to install on my SC is airdata so I could upload my flight data. It runs that just fine. B4UFLY or other similar apps are easily fired up on my phone and don't need to be on my SC.

Can you then install the google play store from the web?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143