DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

brute force dronie

They should put long legs on it and attack from above. Less chance of being seen and a leg would probably take out a prop on the other drone.

They should put long legs on it and attack from above. Less chance of being seen and a leg would probably take out a prop on the other drone.
I am guessing the reason they attack from below is that it is easier to spot the other drone against the sky/clouds than from above with the ground as a background. Still, putting a few long legs on it to get in the other drones props would bring it down without a collision and make it easier to launch/land.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
That was really fun . . . not sure how practical it is with all the liability raining down on people and property.

Posted this on the other thread relating to this.

I will stand still and see if you can hit me ?

Why don't Anduril show what happens when I run away or use any evasive actions ?
Lets face it if the interceptor can fly at 100MPH I would make sure my spy drone could outrun it or be small enough to be hard to hit before I sent it off on its mission.

Looks OK for disabling a toy / commercial drone in a very unsafe manor, you wouldn't want one to drop out of the sky and hit you in the head.

Not to be confused with Advil... what you need after the drone falls on your head ;)

There sure is a lot of R&D and money being spent in the name of "safety". How many consumer UAS have actually hurt someone? The idea of anyone being able to see what you're up to that concerns many in power and they're using the guise of "safety" to fund these anti UAS tools.

Case and point, NCAA football doesn't care about a UAS falling and hurting someone, they care a lot more if someone launches a UAS and films the game in progress. That's why they're spending top $ to fund these devices, the mighty dollar is their true motivator.

Last edited:
The article states that this is something that may be used by military and not border force (and I assume domestic use). So I then guess it is something aimed at flying IED’s that are becoming prevalent in some parts of the world more. That being the case, I can see some merit in pursuing this style of tech. It’s obviously in early stages of development

Just spotted this on Bloomberg . . . it shows a lot of the background of the founder, and story of the developing.
Also the attacking drone is fitted with a parachute if it is damaged during take down action.

Of course the attackee drone will fall like a brick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123