DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bssic pilot license

Leatherguy71

Reactions
with a basic pilot license, Im i allowed to do realtor flights ? My friend is a real-estate realator and was asking me if I can do drone flights with my mavic 2 pro

with a basic pilot license, Im i allowed to do realtor flights ? My friend is a real-estate realator and was asking me if I can do drone flights with my mavic 2 pro

You need a 107 UAG Drone Pilots license and a business license. Other then that it’s up to your skills as a pilot and your ability as a camera operator.
And from experience log and plot out your shots video angles and camera settings to keep your footage consultant and professional.
Start by filming your house or a friends till you get a good feel of what you want and how to get it.
Just sending the drone up and presto magic doesn’t really happen, or if it does it’s on a off and your don’t get consistency. Get a good light meter and a good set of filters for your drone.
Drone Ranger clear for now.........

Reactions: Rmcolon and BigAl07
You need a 107 UAG Drone Pilots license and a business license. Other then that it’s up to your skills as a pilot and your ability as a camera operator.
And from experience log and plot out your shots video angles and camera settings to keep your footage consultant and professional.
Start by filming your house or a friends till you get a good feel of what you want and how to get it.
Just sending the drone up and presto magic doesn’t really happen, or if it does it’s on a off and your don’t get consistency. Get a good light meter and a good set of filters for your drone.
Drone Ranger clear for now.........

Sorry I’m new here and it is taking me for ever to get it in my head that this is a world wide forum. Good luck.
How do you tell who is from where. I’m using the MavicPilots mobile app on an IPhone XS.

So far I’m in the dark weeds with out a flashlight. Please hit me with high beams or a spot light on this matter. This isn’t the first Canadian I’ve annoyed this way. Sorry for the glitch. Drone Ranger (Ranger One) going to lay low for a bit. Clear for now.........
???!!!???......, Ps. I just found the answer. Folks I’m not use to selecting a username and any useful data being available. Please fill out you data so we can use the information to better help each other. I’m so used to the members links being of no help I didn’t even bother. Sounded like an honest law abiding USA citizen to me. Sorry........

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
In Canada there no longer is any distinction between recreational or commercial drone operations. Sub-250 grams, basically don't be stupid. 250 grams to 25kg must be registered and pilot must hold either a Basic or Advanced licence. With Basic you can't fly within any control zone, need Advanced for that. Anything beyond what's allowed within either Basic or Advanced requires a Special Flight Operations Certificate (SFOC). Before the new regs came into effect a year ago, anything commercial required an SFOC which was (and still is) cumbersome to obtain.

It seems to me that the 100' diameter cylinder from the ground up, distance away from any person not involved in the flight operations would be the greatest issue. Also 1 nautical mile from heliports, (hospitals), are no-fly zones with a Basic License. Do you have a licence?

It seems to me that the 100' diameter cylinder from the ground up, distance away from any person not involved in the flight operations would be the greatest issue. Also 1 nautical mile from heliports, (hospitals), are no-fly zones with a Basic License. Do you have a licence?
I have my Basic license, yes

This is a good watch

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52