DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-300 Arrived :)

Stitch-Up

Reactions
A day earlier than expected my 2nd user Moverio BT-300 arrived :)

I'm always wary of buying stuff from Ebay as I've made mistakes before! These arrived boxed and sealed and with all accessories which was one of my worries - something could be missing.

They appear to be in first class condition and most of the accessories might still be in their original wrapping. Always a nice feeling that.

20200811_110831.jpg

20200811_111021.jpg

20200811_110620.jpg

Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Looks like it's all there. I love these things...
Best thing to do is get a BT keyboard and mouse to set the settings. The touchpad is real touchy, yes, you can d turn it down, but the keyboard and mouse are waaay easier for the initial setup.

Thanks for that info Fly. I thought I was being a jerk as I found the puck to be very sensitive and I haven't yet worked out how to select my country by sliding down the list - can't work out how to slide down a list!

All working and I will have to find my BT keyboard & mouse! Is there one of choice for the Moverio?

Thanks for that info Fly. I thought I was being a jerk as I found the puck to be very sensitive and I haven't yet worked out how to select my country by sliding down the list - can't work out how to slide down a list!

All working and I will have to find my BT keyboard & mouse! Is there one of choice for the Moverio?

Try using the "Cross Key touch sensor" if you tap it/ press it (more than a touch) in the position I have circled it acts like a down arrow.
Correspondingly other parts of the "sensor ring" act like side and up arrows

This makes moving around on a menu easier than the touch pad

1597199145027.png

They keyboard and the mouse is great for initial setup, but in the field your going to have to master the touch pad.
It will take some practice to select functions/ features in DJI Go4 when your hanging onto the controller and the BT-300 android box, I tend to use my thumbs a lot more with the touch pad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stitch-Up
Last edited:
Thanks all for all your input and help, it really is appreciated :) I'm sure I'll get the knack of it with time :)

I lay in bed last night reading this forum in the Moverios! I'm becoming a geek again at 67 :)

I'm guessing I could watch Netflix on them - is there an app for it? What apps do you recommend?

At present there's no MicroSD card present, is it worthwhile putting one in - I think the max is 32Gb?

Thanks again.

Thanks all for all your input and help, it really is appreciated :) I'm sure I'll get the knack of it with time :)

I lay in bed last night reading this forum in the Moverios! I'm becoming a geek again at 67 :)

I'm guessing I could watch Netflix on them - is there an app for it? What apps do you recommend?

At present there's no MicroSD card present, is it worthwhile putting one in - I think the max is 32Gb?

Thanks again.

I use the SD card to transfer things to the BT-300 like 3d movies, apps for side loading etc.

The most interesting apps are
  • player liz
  • sky map
  • 360ViewerforMOVERIO (youtube 3d viewer)
  • Epson Drone Soar
  • aug! - The impressed AR app (you need to print stuff)
This link is the easiest way to see all the apps and read about them, use the filters to narrow down the catergories you want.

Why specifically a BT brand keyboard?

Last edited:
Why specifically a BT brand keyboard?

Well, I could be wrong about this but, a lot of wireless mouse/keyboard combos come with a wireless receiver - there's nowhere to plug a USB receiver in on the BT-300 whereas the Android system used on the BT-300 has BlueTooth (BT) built in.

I'm still a newbie so excuse me if I've got this wrong in anyway!

Looks like it's all there. I love these things...
Best thing to do is get a BT keyboard and mouse to set the settings. The touchpad is real touchy, yes, you can d turn it down, but the keyboard and mouse are waaay easier for the initial setup.
Totally agree, but why specifically a BT keyboard? I may be missing something here but in the UK the keyboard brand you mention "BT" stands for "British Telecom", whereas I use an "hp" keyboard, which gets round the frustration of using the touchpad and does the job.

Totally agree, but why specifically a BT keyboard? I may be missing something here but in the UK the keyboard brand you mention "BT" stands for "British Telecom", whereas I use an "hp" keyboard, which gets round the frustration of using the touchpad and does the job.
.... and BT is also my lazy way of abbreviating Bluetooth :)

I'm in the UK too :)

.... and BT is also my lazy way of abbreviating Bluetooth :)

I'm in the UK too :)

I use this keyboard as it easy to carry around, bear in mind bluetooth does eat up a fair bit of the BT-300 battery

I use this keyboard as it easy to carry around, bear in mind bluetooth does eat up a fair bit of the BT-300 battery

Good idea, I'm on to Amazon immediately!

I'd recommend this holder for the android box, the one piece holds it more securely and then you can slot it in the jaws of the remote controller, it also offers some protection if you drop it

DVegaman posts on this forum regularly and he ships mounts from the USA for the Moverio BT-300 glasses. Last November when on the last day of a scuba diving/drone flying trip to New Guinea I made the mistake of placing the plastic mount he supplied in a waterproof bag containing the Mavic Pro and I forgot to place it in the shade aboard our dive skiff. The fierce sun nearly melted the mount that held the "puck", fortunately no damage to the drone nor the Moverios. Now here's the thing, I ordered a replacement on the Etsy website that DVegaman uses and he not only sent me a replacement of the design I'd had previously, which holds the puck in a swivel mount, but also the very latest design which has a rigid design with finger grips, which I happen to think is even better.

Basic question regarding the use of the BT-300''s. I fly a Mavic 2 and most of the time I use Litchi as the Control Software, as most of my flying are Waypoint Missions with Litchi. Can I operate as usual and use the BT-300's? My remote device is an iPad Mini?

Basic question regarding the use of the BT-300''s. I fly a Mavic 2 and most of the time I use Litchi as the Control Software, as most of my flying are Waypoint Missions with Litchi. Can I operate as usual and use the BT-300's? My remote device is an iPad Mini?

Only very early versions of Litchi work on the BT-300's and they need to be sideloaded, it's been documented that both Litchi and Epson have said it's incompatible
Dronelink version 7 might work

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82