DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

BT-300 Should you or shouldn't you?

Steve Gross

Reactions
I set a very high bar and cost is not the primary factor in choosing my FPV toys. And, the BT-300? This is a FPV product that only buying, learning and using will tell the story. Although they did not work out for me, I am already missing them. I love great toys and they are very special. It is hard for me to explain but, they are just way too cool. The user, you, need to give yourself time in learning to use the goggles. I have written a lot of my thoughts regarding use of these BT-300s and am afraid I was a bit too hard on them. I have never used anything similar. I am already missing them and, I stress, in this case of the BT-300s, no review is going to be 100% effective in helping you decide whether to purchase this goggle or, not. You've heard of "buyer's remorse"? Well, the reverse can also be true, perhaps I should have not shipped mine back, is my thoughts right now.

Reactions: snuloo
Steve-- I was actually just looking into those goggles.. any chance you could elaborate a bit on why you returned? To small maybe? I fly FPV with the Homido V2's... the picture is exceptional on them however, the 300's really have my interests peaked..

I looked those Homido V2's up if to comment and I can promise you the Epson will be very different. Not even remotely similar. And, I stick to what I wrote above, try them for yourself and listen to few others when it comes to making this decision on the BT-300s. You are in for a treat even if you don't end up in love w the BT300

Reactions: BlueDry
I am so dying to try these out . I am just looking for a place in the Montreal area to try them. I have been in the RC field for many years and it always pays to buy better product. You will spend more time in the air than on the bench.

Reactions: Ebruce
I looked those Homido V2's up if to comment and I can promise you the Epson will be very different. Not even remotely similar. And, I stick to what I wrote above, try them for yourself and listen to few others when it comes to making this decision on the BT-300s. You are in for a treat even if you don't end up in love w the BT300

Thanks bud.. that said, I believe I'm going to have to give them a try for sure!!

Reactions: Johnnyaibo
Is anyone using a wireless keyboard with their bt-300. If so are there any wireless keyboards that you don't have to attach a dongle to the glasses . In other words can you connect the bt300 to your mavic remote and still use the wireless keyboard?

Is anyone using a wireless keyboard with their bt-300. If so are there any wireless keyboards that you don't have to attach a dongle to the glasses . In other words can you connect the bt300 to your mavic remote and still use the wireless keyboard?

Yes youcan. The mavic connects via the usb and a wireless keyboard mouse can connect via Bluetooth no issues.

Steve-- I was actually just looking into those goggles.. any chance you could elaborate a bit on why you returned? To small maybe? I fly FPV with the Homido V2's... the picture is exceptional on them however, the 300's really have my interests peaked..

The screen look like a 50 inch tv at 2 meters. The brightness and sharpeness is great plus you can still look easily to your surroundings.

They are quite light and feel
And look premium. Besides compared to the DJi googles you cam definetly wear them without feeling risiculous they are small and light.

The screen look like a 50 inch tv at 2 meters. The brightness and sharpeness is great plus you can still look easily to your surroundings.

They are quite light and feel
And look premium. Besides compared to the DJi googles you cam definetly wear them without feeling risiculous they are small and light.

Have you had any issues with the Android controller? Mac bloke here and slightly nervous of changing to Android.
Thanks

Yes youcan. The mavic connects via the usb and a wireless keyboard mouse can connect via Bluetooth no issues.
I really thought that those wireless keyboards came with a wireless dongle that had to be plugged into the bt300 but if you don't have to use that dongle then it makes sense because that USB port is being used for the remote .

I really thought that those wireless keyboards came with a wireless dongle that had to be plugged into the bt300 but if you don't have to use that dongle then it makes sense because that USB port is being used for the remote .

Yeah the moverio got Bluetooth ymso you can hook your wireless keyboard and mouse if needed :) i think you can plug uo to 2 at the same time

I connect my Bluetooth keyboard, and link my AirPods to the BT300, at same time so I can hear all the warnings when flying. I also tether a GPS locator to the glasses. All of them connect seamlessly over Bluetooth

Reactions: stratos
I have been flying with the BT300s for 5 months now. I set it up first on my android phone and then changed to the glasses. Granted, that is all I have used, but I love them and would never go back to a cell phone.

Does anybody know if you can use the Bluetooth on the BT300s to connect to an iPad so that a second person can view the same thing the pilot sees?

Plus, one semi major factor for me was that I was able to keep my situational awareness.
The DJI goggles were also great, immersive, but the Epson Glasses I kept, mainly for not being "locked" in the goggles "room"...When I hear a noise, like footsteps, a voice getting closer, a dog barking, I can immediatley check/verify, and then right back to the flight.

Reactions: dbcnc1955
I have been flying with the BT300s for 5 months now. I set it up first on my android phone and then changed to the glasses. Granted, that is all I have used, but I love them and would never go back to a cell phone.

Does anybody know if you can use the Bluetooth on the BT300s to connect to an iPad so that a second person can view the same thing the pilot sees?
You cannot use bluetooth to stream video. But you can mirror the BT300 screen to the ipad using Airplay.

Reactions: dbcnc1955
Thanks, I will have to research that. I know the iPad can do it...just need to figure out how to set it up. Thanks

I have connected both my AirPods and Bose 35 and now I can listen to music SiriusXM, Amazon Music) while flying and hear prompts from my Mavic & DJIGo4

I do not love the hunt n peck keyboard or the trackpad (too sensitive). Got the
Seenda Mini Bluetooth Keyboard W Touchpad for Android OS To try when I get a chance[emoji4]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661