DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bug on RTH

gusri.candra

Reactions
Just wanna share with you guys regarding bug experience during lost signal RTH.
Today, I flied the bird at height of 60m. RTH set when lost signal return to home at 70m.
I did some simulation for losing signal by switching off RC, while maintaining VLOS.
The bird is about 300m away.
Something weird happened. He did not RTH in straight line to home point, but rather retracked about 100m following the last path then go straight line to home point. The RTH height was correct 70m.

Any thought..?

Cheers, GCandraView attachment DJIFlightRecord_2019-05-26_[10-59-21].txt

Something weird happened. He did not RTH in straight line to home point, but rather retracked about 100m following the last path then go straight line to home point. The RTH height was correct 70m.

Any thought..?
Page 17 from your manual says:
When Failsafe RTH is activated, the aircraft starts to retrace its original flight route home.

Just wanna share with you guys regarding bug experience during lost signal RTH.
Today, I flied the bird at height of 60m. RTH set when lost signal return to home at 70m.
I did some simulation for losing signal by switching off RC, while maintaining VLOS.
The bird is about 300m away.

Any thought..?

Cheers, GCandraView attachment 73497
That’s not a bug that’s intended behavior. Per the manual the type of RTH you simulated was a “fail safe RTH.”

If the aircraft is less than 2 km and more than 50m it will retrace the flight route if remote connection is lost. It will not retrace if over 2km or less than 50m. It also won’t retrace if it’s a “low battery RTH” or “smart RTH(button press).”

That’s not a bug that’s intended behavior. Per the manual the type of RTH you simulated was a “fail safe RTH.”

If the aircraft is less than 2 km and more than 50m it will retrace the flight route if remote connection is lost. It will not retrace if over 2km or less than 50m. It also won’t retrace if it’s a “low battery RTH” or “smart RTH(button press).”
He did not fully retrace the path. Just a few of them.

He did not fully retrace the path. Just a few of them.
Correct. Only the immediate last 100’ will be retraced. This is to allow possible reconnection with your controller. Then the drone should RTH in a straight line and at the altitude you set. DJI programming and I am unaware of any ability to change this.

Correct. Only the immediate last 100’ will be retraced. This is to allow possible reconnection with your controller. Then the drone should RTH in a straight line and at the altitude you set. DJI programming and I am unaware of any ability to change this.
Thank. Will try once more

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman