DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Built Impressions

Arthuar

Reactions
Just few flights done, till now, that's a lot gusts these days.

Lastly I moved to deep photography involved time, so landed on purchasing Mavic 2, it's been an obvious solution.
I think it's an awesome piece of technology.No doubt.
Back to my own one, I was thinking, if it was default, when folding the back arms ( the opposite oned to camera side..) touching and just a bit, at the end of travel, rubbing the M2P body.
I know it sound a bit foolish, but just to know if its' just the mine, or is a "regular issue".

Happy Flying.

Yes it’s normal, just fold legs carefully and slightly pull away from body to avoid rubbing.

Reactions: Arthuar
..again,
at the check, during connection controller -> aircraft, the gimbal, going to set itself, at the end of its travel around, touch a bit the body, creating a small tic; I supposed this is default even, ain'it ?

If you mean the gimbal start up, then yes as it does quick turns it does also sometimes knock slightly against the body

Normal (unfortunately). I've got a tiny bit of tape on mine in those spots to prevent any cosmetic wear. When folding/unfolding, pull them slightly away from the body as described above. For a version 2, I expected better to be honest, but I have few complaints otherwise.

Same with my Mavic Air where the props touch the body when folded, I left the factory plastic covers in those spots to protect the body from wear.

The OEM gimbal guard also scratches the camera body.

Last edited:
In the manual (page 7) it states “it is normal if there is friction on the arms and the aircraft ...” non ideal translation from Chinese to English, I assume.

Reactions: Arthuar
In the manual (page 7) it states “it is normal if there is friction on the arms and the aircraft ...” non ideal translation from Chinese to English, I assume.
well, thank you indeed, I am not a lier if I say haven't read it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique