DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bumpy Landing - Unlocked Blue Zone

EricJT

Reactions
Edit, Edit: l read I should have taken off by doing a CSC rather than the auto-takeoff....that would have presented the agreement prompt. I assume by auto-taking off when I came back to land the blue zone condition kicked in causing the bumpy landing.

Last evening I unlocked a blue zone for my Smart Controller and Mavic 2 Pro. When I got to the flight area this morning I proceeded to power up the SC and AC, got the warning, went into the settings and made sure the unlocking was there and applied.

I took off and flew for a while, but as the battery was getting low, flew back to my take off point and went to land. When the AC was about 2-3 feet above my landing pad and I was not holding the left stick fully down, the AC dropped the remaining distance, hence a bumpy landing, with the props coming to a stop.

Would anyone like to tell me what I did wrong? I am attaching the flight log in the hopes of getting more educated on this situation. TIA.

I also flew in another location away from the blue zone to ensure all was still fine with my M2P.....and it was.

Edit: After the AC landed, the message popped up about the blue fight zone, asking for my agreement. I wonder if that was the issue even though the DJI Go4 app on my SC allowed me to take off at the start of the flight?

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-06-09_[10-29-28].txt
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I've had my M2Pro land hard before (more than once). Not sure why it did or does that. Very rare. I don't think it could be the blue zone that caused it to "drop". Did the motors TURN OFF? Or, did it just land as if it "dropped". Sometimes the sensors can misjudge the distance to the ground, i guess.

Because it has happened to me, I always watch the landing and am ready to hit the altitude up, if i see my M2P or any of my other drones landing too fast or looking like they are dropping. I've never had one get near it's landing point and turn off early though. You didn't say yours turned off. I'm assuming the motors were still on, but not enough lift, so it "dropped". Just be prepared to stop the drop with your altitude stick.

I've had my M2Pro land hard before (more than once). Not sure why it did or does that. Very rare. I don't think it could be the blue zone that caused it to "drop". Did the motors TURN OFF? Or, did it just land as if it "dropped". Sometimes the sensors can misjudge the distance to the ground, i guess.

Because it has happened to me, I always watch the landing and am ready to hit the altitude up, if i see my M2P or any of my other drones landing too fast or looking like they are dropping. I've never had one get near it's landing point and turn off early though. You didn't say yours turned off. I'm assuming the motors were still on, but not enough lift, so it "dropped". Just be prepared to stop the drop with your altitude stick.
No, when it bumped down, the motors turned off.....that was when I got the notification panel to accept the terms to fly in the blue zone.

I am going out again next week and will try flying in that blue zone and make sure I start up with the CSC sticks movement and accept the pop up asking if I agree with the terms.

Then I will see if the manual landing is smooth.

Thx and I will post what happens.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair