DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Buried... Preston's Real Life Witch... A must see to the very end...

Paul Iddon

Reactions
Meg Shelton (died 1705) known as the "Fylde Hag" was an English woman accused of witchcraft. Her grave can be seen at St. Anne's Church in Woodplumpton, now part of the City of Preston district of Lancashire. Meg Shelton's real name is recorded by St Anne's Church as Margery Hilton.

The Woodplumpton 'witch' is reputedly buried upside down with a boulder on her grave...

Accused of using witchcraft to destroy crops, steal milk and transform herself into animals, Meg Shelton was subject of many fantastical tales and stories. Most traditions have her body being found crushed against her cottage wall by a barrel. According to some versions of the story, the unusual death was seen by villagers as a sign that the Devil had come to claim her.

Meg Shelton was buried in St Anne's churchyard, but her body refused to stay underground. The following morning, her corpse was found lying beside her grave. She was reburied, and once more her corpse reappeared. Finally, the priest performed an exorcism and Shelton was buried for the third time, but this time she was interred in a narrow vertical hole, like an oversized post hole, and she was inserted upside down, so that if she tried to dig her way to the surface she'd be going the wrong way. Finally, a boulder was placed over the top of her unusually-shaped grave.

You'll see her tomb three or four times in my flight... Can you spot it??? Dare you look?

Paul.

If ever a drone was used so nicely. How many people would never touch that stone. >lol
Me included.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. and Fly away from angry spirits.

Reactions: Paul Iddon
If ever a drone was used so nicely. How many people would never touch that stone. >lol
Me included.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water. and Fly away from angry spirits.

LOL... You know I'd swear it got windier the closer I got to the stone...

Paul.

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
@Paul Iddon great video and wonderful music ,she didnt appear and try to grab the drone then;);););)

• Haha
i must confess i didnt get to the end ,and so i decided to edit my original post ,as i thought no one would believe me, but i have just watched it all now

I find it odd that a witch would be buried in a churchyard. I thought the church wouldn't have allowed that...

This was just superb. The singing of Lacrymosa, from Mozart's Requiem, the slow, but smooth and beautiful flying and the end. WOW. Very imaginative. It doesn't appear that she figured out how to dig herself out...

Meg Shelton (died 1705) known as the "Fylde Hag" was an English woman accused of witchcraft. Her grave can be seen at St. Anne's Church in Woodplumpton, now part of the City of Preston district of Lancashire. Meg Shelton's real name is recorded by St Anne's Church as Margery Hilton.

The Woodplumpton 'witch' is reputedly buried upside down with a boulder on her grave...

Accused of using witchcraft to destroy crops, steal milk and transform herself into animals, Meg Shelton was subject of many fantastical tales and stories. Most traditions have her body being found crushed against her cottage wall by a barrel. According to some versions of the story, the unusual death was seen by villagers as a sign that the Devil had come to claim her.

Meg Shelton was buried in St Anne's churchyard, but her body refused to stay underground. The following morning, her corpse was found lying beside her grave. She was reburied, and once more her corpse reappeared. Finally, the priest performed an exorcism and Shelton was buried for the third time, but this time she was interred in a narrow vertical hole, like an oversized post hole, and she was inserted upside down, so that if she tried to dig her way to the surface she'd be going the wrong way. Finally, a boulder was placed over the top of her unusually-shaped grave.

You'll see her tomb three or four times in my flight... Can you spot it??? Dare you look?

Paul.
The flying was great and the story telling superb. I loved the music selection of Mozart's Requiem lacrimosa testo which is featured in the final scene of the movie, Amadeus (my most favorite movie of all time).

Dale
Miami

Paul.
The video was awesome, very well done. Enjoyed it to the max. Thank you Paul for sharing.

Flying, photography, and timing all GREAT - Thanks.

Nicely done.

I find it odd that a witch would be buried in a churchyard. I thought the church wouldn't have allowed that...

If you search Google for "How many witches buried in a churchyard" and choose images, you'll see plenty photos of witches beineg buried on consecrated ground... allegedly...

Paul.

Great video. Thank you for all the close in shots. Clearly, you are a foley artist as well! Terrific!

Thank you - I don't often use any effects (this, a piano in a couple of others and a dove)... but it seemed to suit just nicely for this one, lol..

Paul.

This was just superb. The singing of Lacrymosa, from Mozart's Requiem, the slow, but smooth and beautiful flying and the end. WOW. Very imaginative. It doesn't appear that she figured out how to dig herself out...
The flying was great and the story telling superb. I loved the music selection of Mozart's Requiem lacrimosa testo which is featured in the final scene of the movie, Amadeus (my most favorite movie of all time).

Dale
Miami

@JimSteadman Much appreciated m8, good to get a great impression from so many viewers.

@Dale D Thank you Dale. The production time for this was well over 3 hours, to source music and sounds etc, so I'm pleased it was worth the effort, plenty of people seeming to enjoy it.

Paul.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_