DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy Mavic Air or wait for Mavic Air 2

yggdrasil

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I've decided to get a drone, and for my use (photography and video) it seems that the Mavic Air is the whats suits me the best, and from what I've read, there is most likely a version 2.0 in the works.

I know, there is always something better and newer in the pipeline, but based on the speculations online the release is due any day now.

I might add that I'm an avid amateur photographer who exclusively shoots raw, thus the Mavic mini is not really an option, even though the form-factor and flight time of the Mini is appealing.

I'd like to know what you, in the same situation would do; wait for 2.0 or buy 1.0 now?

/yggdrasil

I would wait for a while if I was in your shoes. The Mavic Air 2 may or may not come out, all we have at the moment is just rumors. But I am hoping there would be more definitive info in the next 1 - 3 months.

Reactions: IMHO1FWIW
I guess everyone will decide what's best for themselves, but the way things are going with the Mavic Mini, no way would I be holding out to jump on any new DJI release as an early adopter.

Reactions: NAVMAV
I'm in the same situation as the OP. Ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic Air, but would kick myself if they announce a next-gen Air 2 in the next couple of months.

What's the chances that DJI will be announcing an Air 2 before, let's say, July?

I'm in the same situation as the OP. Ready to pull the trigger on a Mavic Air, but would kick myself if they announce a next-gen Air 2 in the next couple of months.

What's the chances that DJI will be announcing an Air 2 before, let's say, July?

It's not like the Mavic Air will suddenly turn into a brick if they announce an MA2.

Hi everyone,

I've decided to get a drone, and for my use (photography and video) it seems that the Mavic Air is the whats suits me the best, and from what I've read, there is most likely a version 2.0 in the works.

I know, there is always something better and newer in the pipeline, but based on the speculations online the release is due any day now.

I might add that I'm an avid amateur photographer who exclusively shoots raw, thus the Mavic mini is not really an option, even though the form-factor and flight time of the Mini is appealing.

I'd like to know what you, in the same situation would do; wait for 2.0 or buy 1.0 now?

/yggdrasil
I have the air. I love it. Just did a project for a client today. Worked perfectly. I have over 75 flights and it is great.

I'm a new drone pilot and my 1st drone is the Mavic Mini. I'm ready to get a Red Mavic Air. I'm a little hesitant too because if the new one comes out I can't convince the boss (my wife) on a 5 Drone. Sorry I miss spoke. I have the 2 Telllo drones too.

If the rumors are true and the MA 2 is going to have an increased flight time, that alone is worth waiting a couple of months for. Trust me on this, the one biggest shortfall of the current MA is it's time in the air.

I'm a new drone pilot and my 1st drone is the Mavic Mini. I'm ready to get a Red Mavic Air. I'm a little hesitant too because if the new one comes out I can't convince the boss (my wife) on a 5 Drone. Sorry I miss spoke. I have the 2 Telllo drones too.
If you've currently got the Mini then I'd [insure it and] wait.

Reactions: Prismatic
If the rumors are true and the MA 2 is going to have an increased flight time, that alone is worth waiting a couple of months for. Trust me on this, the one biggest shortfall of the current MA is it's time in the air.

Bingo, this seems to be the number one complaint of current MA owners I keep reading about. If rumors/speculation are true and DJI announces a new MA2 with better flight time and connectivity – that would be worth waiting for. Just not sure I'm willing to wait 6 months to a year for a MA2 announcement and product release.

It's not like the Mavic Air will suddenly turn into a brick if they announce an MA2.

Sure, but there will be some heartburn if they announce the MA2 right after I pull the trigger on a MA1. At the very least, would be interested to see if the MA1 might be discounted if/when they announce the MA2. By all accounts, the MA1 is a very nice drone. That's why I'm interested. But there certainly seems to be room for improvement in a next-generation design.

I have a MA1 and also find the flight time to be a big limitation. With all the stuff going on with the MM so far, however, I'm amazed that anyone would even think of waiting to jump on the next DJI release as soon as it comes out. Particularly since there seems to be an amazing lack of urgency to fix the MM.

I've decided to wait for the Air 2 to materialize, at least until the specs are more or less clear.
--> if the A2 doesn't bring significant improvements on the current shortcomings of the Air I'm sure I'll find a good deal on the old one.

I just bought a one year used Mavic Air Fly more combo pack for 600 eur. Its like new. And now there are news that a Mavic Air 2 is coming in april. I am thinking of selling the AIR and wait for the new one. Or I am not sure what to do. :D The longer battery time and longer distance would be cool.

I just bought a one year used Mavic Air Fly more combo pack for 600 eur. Its like new. And now there are news that a Mavic Air 2 is coming in april. I am thinking of selling the AIR and wait for the new one. Or I am not sure what to do. :D The longer battery time and longer distance would be cool.

Why not just fly and enjoy the one you have?

Waiting until April sounds reasonable (only a month away) but if I was debating on waiting and not having anything vs getting soon, I wouldn't wait past end of April.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1