DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy now or continue to wait ?

Majestyk

Reactions
Should be go ahead and purchase the Platnium Pro or wait ?
The Evo is getting closer and Mavic Pro 2 might not be to far behind ... having a hard time with buying now or waiting ...
Any thoughts?

The Evo is getting closer and Mavic Pro 2 might not be to far behind
Photos and videos of the Evo have surfaced, but no credible signs of the next Mavic have been found anywhere yet. You could be waiting a while before either of those drones are available.

Can I ask why you narrowed it down to only the Mavic Pro Platinum and not the Mavic Pro or Air?

If you tend to get buyers remorse or cant decide which one to get, best to buy it from a place that offers an extended return policy, even if it's been flown.

IMHO you cant go wrong with any of the Mavic line.

Reactions: robertallen
Can I ask why you narrowed it down to only the Mavic Pro Platinum and not the Mavic Pro or Air?

If you tend to get buyers remorse or cant decide which one to get, best to buy it from a place that offers an extended return policy, even if it's been flown.

I’ve done a lot of research on the air , pro and platnium drones
They all seem to have thier strengths . I love the features of the Air, but have concerns about flight time . The pro seems the best value . Platnium The best overall ...
3 choices... and I can only get one

Have you owned a DJI product before?

Well, there is no sign of a "Platinum 2" if there ever will be one, so I think you're safe on that level. You should check out the return policies before you buy anything. Sometimes a seller will allow you to return a drone, but want to charge you a restocking fee, or not let you return it at all once it's been flown.

..any of the Mavic line for sure..just comes down to what you can live without or how much $ you can drop on a toy..lots of questions should come up in your head if you're not gonna waste money..like..will I even get to the point where I actually use some of the features of a particular model..for myself I doubt if I'll ever fly it at 40 mph..and doubt if I ever will get halfway into what the camera is capable of..something tells me down the road it might dawn on me the Mavic Air would have been enough drone for me in the first placeo_O..oh well..

Reactions: Former Member
Have you owned a DJI product before?

Well, there is no sign of a "Platinum 2" if there ever will be one, so I think you're safe on that level. You should check out the return policies before you buy anything. Sometimes a seller will allow you to return a drone, but want to charge you a restocking fee, or not let you return it at all once it's been flown.
This will be my first drone. I’ve been liokjnv for awhile to get into this hobby. I want to make the right choice .

Reactions: robertallen
..any of the Mavic line for sure..just comes down to what you can live without or how much $ you can drop on a toy..lots of questions should come up in your head if you're not gonna waste money..like..will I even get to the point where I actually use some of the features of a particular model..for myself I doubt if I'll ever fly it at 40 mph..and doubt if I ever will get halfway into what the camera is capable of..something tells me down the road it might dawn on me the Mavic Air would have been enough drone for me in the first placeo_O..oh well..
I love a lot about the air, but the WiFi signal loss I keep reading about worries me..

Three words: BUY AND FLY !!!!!!
All the info and support you'd ever need on existing products is available NOW.
Something that MIGHT come has nothing out there and won't for a long time.

There will always be something newer on the horizion. Get something good now and enjoy it. It can always be sold to upgrade later.

Reactions: Ripper7620
Mavic Pro is mature, most flaws are dealt with by DJI. If you're going to be testing the Mavic 2 for DJI better get some stick time first. And a lot of patience waiting for resolutions to all kinds of problems.

Mavic Pro is mature, most flaws are dealt with by DJI. If you're going to be testing the Mavic 2 for DJI better get some stick time first. And a lot of patience waiting for resolutions to all kinds of problems.
I'll be ordering today! Just got to decide which Drone to purchase now lol...it will be either the Air or Platinum. Still comparing what each has to offer a first time flyer.

The Evo is getting closer and Mavic Pro 2 might not be to far behind ... having a hard time with buying now or waiting ...
Any thoughts?
The long awaited Mavic Pro 2 Will probably be significantly more than either the Pro or the Platinum Pro and given summer is starting I'd get either the Mavic Pro or the Pro Platinum NOW.
I have had the Mavic Pro for over a year now and haven't regretted buying it for a second.

DJI has just raised $1 billion USD. I believe they will use the money to further accelerate their advancement in R&D and product updates, which is the company's strategy from what I read in the news. The model number for Mavic Pro is M1P so I believe there will be MP2 this year, after releasing the MP1 for over one and half years. This is just my opinion though. lol.

I purchased my MPP as my first drone and I have to say... I love it!!! I thought about the Air before I purchase but what sold me is OcuSync and how quite my bird is. I didn't want to hear buzzing bees when I went out to fly my drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying