DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buy or repair, please advise

mlrobbo

Reactions
I was unable to get my MA back flying when I replaced both boards and the IMU (I know now I shouldn't have even tried). So back with DJI and they want $388. to replace same 3 items. It seems like I could get a "drone only" Mavic Air for not much more than that and would then have the original for parts or to sell and offset the purchase. WWAEDJIPD is my question. That is what would an experienced DJI pilot do? any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. thank you.

I’ve seen them go here for less than 600.00 with everything you need.
Sell yours for parts and start over.

Are they using the boards you purchased? Did you advise them they were new boards?

I’ve seen them go here for less than 600.00 with everything you need.
Sell yours for parts and start over.
as I don't need battery or controller I can get a "drone only" and I've seen them on ebay as low as $425. in refurb condition. Which makes your point even more valid. thanks

have a used one for $400...u can prob get $200 for your drone as is on ebay pm if interested

dji if I had to guess is going to just replace it w/ a refurb or a repaired one being this is not really an economical repair. Labor w/ a certified tech is about 1.5 to 2 hrs + parts. This repair entails:
remove top cover, the glued decorative cover (pain), unscrew the gimbal connector, front vision sensor, rear vison sensor and than the main board also need to desolder all the motors & only than can u remove the esc. When done now you need to do the reverse. So the labor + parts not worth it as a used one runs the same or even less especially if you get $ for the drone as is.
I did once have a client whos ma dropped 1000ft from a skyscraper (he was @ 1000 feet from his balcony and launched it when the drone has a 400ft limit) thing needed everything replaced (arms gimbal esc all of the above) yet he refused to buy a used one only wanted his drone repaired even after the fact the cost w/ parts & labor far exceeds the amount of a used one. To each his own but I understand the emotional attachment we have for our beloved toys no matter how messed up they may be.

Are they using the boards you purchased? Did you advise them they were new boards?
Yes, I informed them that all 3 were new and they are quoting me replacing all 3. After I installed them the only errors I had were an esc error and a camera error code 3 which I was told was related to the esc error. I know the the IMU was working because I could calibrate it successfully. I think they might be pissy that I didn't allow them to repair it the first time I sent it in. But they wanted almost the same amount just to replace the core board (220 for board 130 labor) so I had them ship it back. now I think they feel like they've got me over a barrel. I told them I'd pay the $388. if they want to send me a refurb and my original back for parts. I doubt they go for it though. thanks for the input.

have a used one for $400...u can prob get $200 for your drone as is on ebay pm if interested

dji if I had to guess is going to just replace it w/ a refurb or a repaired one being this is not really an economical repair. Labor w/ a certified tech is about 1.5 to 2 hrs + parts. This repair entails:
remove top cover, the glued decorative cover (pain), unscrew the gimbal connector, front vision sensor, rear vison sensor and than the main board also need to desolder all the motors & only than can u remove the esc. When done now you need to do the reverse. So the labor + parts not worth it as a used one runs the same or even less especially if you get $ for the drone as is.
I did once have a client whos ma dropped 1000ft from a skyscraper (he was @ 1000 feet from his balcony and launched it when the drone has a 400ft limit) thing needed everything replaced (arms gimbal esc all of the above) yet he refused to buy a used one only wanted his drone repaired even after the fact the cost w/ parts & labor far exceeds the amount of a used one. To each his own but I understand the emotional attachment we have for our beloved toys no matter how messed up they may be.
I know the process as I've done it now numerous times (tho apparently not successfully). The only thing I have emotional attachment to is $. Pending how DJI responds, I'm interested in the used one for $400. What is the condition, age and hours logged flying?

Reactions: DDS
I know the process as I've done it now numerous times (tho apparently not successfully). The only thing I have emotional attachment to is $. Pending how DJI responds, I'm interested in the used one for $400. What is the condition, age and hours logged flying?
Used like new flame red drone and bt. flight tested not sure about the hrs but it does come w our in store warranty for 90 days and an accidental plan (through us) is also available for $79

Used like new flame red drone and bt. flight tested not sure about the hrs but it does come w our in store warranty for 90 days and an accidental plan (through us) is also available for $79
I'm definitely interested. Not sure what bt stands for. maybe battery? if that's the case, I have batteries, props, controller and charger. lmk if any less without those. plus, I'm really slow in some ways and don't know how to pm on this site. can you point me in the right direction. thanks

I'm definitely interested. Not sure what bt stands for. maybe battery? if that's the case, I have batteries, props, controller and charger. lmk if any less without those. plus, I'm really slow in some ways and don't know how to pm on this site. can you point me in the right direction. thanks
To PM simply tap on their icon or name, a sub menu pops up, tap on START CONVERSATION.

@mlrobbo

Drone shipped, unfortunately fedex ground from NJ to Waikoloa, Hawaii takes forever. With that said we shipped fedex 2 day(on us) enjoy!!

@mlrobbo

Drone shipped, unfortunately fedex ground from NJ to Waikoloa, Hawaii takes forever. With that said we shipped fedex 2 day(on us) enjoy!!
That is excellent service from the forum member!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKAms