DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 repair question

Mrprop365

Reactions
I am considering selling my m2 but I would like to get a few minor repairs done before I sell.
The biggest problem is now that the back arms unfold and then go up another few degrees.
Does anyone know what has to be repaired/replaced and if it should be sent to DJI or it's possible to do it at home?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20231020_152607_209.jpg
    IMG_20231020_152607_209.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20231020_152603_269.jpg
    IMG_20231020_152603_269.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
Can you Solder? If so You will need to remove the two arms and replace the little grey "hinges" around that joint they are cheap But to get to them you must remove the arms its not at all hard to do.

Can you Solder? If so You will need to remove the two arms and replace the little grey "hinges" around that joint they are cheap But to get to them you must remove the arms its not at all hard to do.
What would I need to solder?
Also I took out a state farm insurance plan. I have to check if they cover repairs but if they do how long and how much would DJI charge to repair this

to remove the Arms you will need to de-solder them from the board I would think that would be a pretty cheap repair from DJI I couldnt guess an exact amount- but probably pretty reasonable

Sorry Cafguy but it is probably a rotation stop broken off the inner end of the arm itself, ( it can be a beep beep to find the broken off bit as it gets stuck (grease) in the groove in the female portion. If so it means the arm has to be replaced, I doubt that glue will take as the break surface is contaminated with grease. And that means desoldering/resoldering.

What would I need to solder?
The wiring to the motors and rear LEDs, 6 wires if I remember correctly.

It is a DIY repair if you are handy. Done one of a M2Z I Kamikazied and recently noticed I have to do the M2P :-((((

Reactions: Cafguy
Sorry Cafguy but it is probably a rotation stop broken off the inner end of the arm itself, ( it can be a beep beep to find the broken off bit as it gets stuck (grease) in the groove in the female portion.
I would Agree with you there. Still the whole arm isn't to awful expensive if you can DIY It. I would take your advice on this.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Its been quite awhile since I sent a drone to DJI. If they Asked for it I would send it, If not I wouldn't
Truth is you can be 95% sure you will not get that exact Drone back. DJI usually scans the ticket and tosses the drone in a shredder and sends you a Refurb unless you specify clearly and that's usually only enterprise.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne