DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying a mavic air 2s

'price fixing'.
I am not sure what your reference to "Price Fixing" is referring to.

Legally, Price fixing is an agreement among competitors to raise, fix, or otherwise maintain the price at which their goods or services are sold. It is not necessary that the competitors agree to charge exactly the same price, or that every competitor in a given industry join the conspiracy.

If DJI or Stihl or any other company tell their retailers that they are not allowed to sell the product for less than the Suggested Manufacturer's Price, that is the Manufacturer's prerogative and not Price fixing…

When Lowes and Home Depot sell the exact same product, but have the manufacturer put a "HD" or an "L" in the part number to distinguish their order, that is not price fixing either… It just prevents the buyer from shopping around, comparing prices and do a "Price Challenge" since the part numbers do not "Match," so they are not "identical"…

So these two practices are not Price Fixing, just an "astute" (shrewd or clever…) business practice…

Like I wrote earlier, I have several Stihl pieces of lawn equipment and if I'm going to buy a new one, I know I'm not going to find it on sale a month later… And if I do not want to pay so much and get a cheaper item (with a subsequent shorter warranty), that is my option. The same goes for the many different makers of drones.

I wrote about the warranty on my Weed Wacker at 3-years and 9-months, well here is my DJI warranty story. I crashed my Mini 2 and had the replacement back in 7-calendar days (Care Refresh). The replacement developed a warranty issue, I sent it back, there was some confusion and it took about 3-weeks to get the replacement back, BUT, DJI sent me a coupon for a FREE Smart Battery from the DJI Store with Free Shipping as an Apology for the delay…

I am not sure what your reference to "Price Fixing" is referring to.

Legally, Price fixing is an agreement among competitors to raise, fix, or otherwise maintain the price at which their goods or services are sold. It is not necessary that the competitors agree to charge exactly the same price, or that every competitor in a given industry join the conspiracy.

If DJI or Stihl or any other company tell their retailers that they are not allowed to sell the product for less than the Suggested Manufacturer's Price, that is the Manufacturer's prerogative and not Price fixing…

When Lowes and Home Depot sell the exact same product, but have the manufacturer put a "HD" or an "L" in the part number to distinguish their order, that is not price fixing either… It just prevents the buyer from shopping around, comparing prices and do a "Price Challenge" since the part numbers do not "Match," so they are not "identical"…

So these two practices are not Price Fixing, just an "astute" (shrewd or clever…) business practice…

Like I wrote earlier, I have several Stihl pieces of lawn equipment and if I'm going to buy a new one, I know I'm not going to find it on sale a month later… And if I do not want to pay so much and get a cheaper item (with a subsequent shorter warranty), that is my option. The same goes for the many different makers of drones.

I wrote about the warranty on my Weed Wacker at 3-years and 9-months, well here is my DJI warranty story. I crashed my Mini 2 and had the replacement back in 7-calendar days (Care Refresh). The replacement developed a warranty issue, I sent it back, there was some confusion and it took about 3-weeks to get the replacement back, BUT, DJI sent me a coupon for a FREE Smart Battery from the DJI Store with Free Shipping as an Apology for the delay…

I do agree with your definition of price fixing but to my understanding, there are other versions of it.

What Is Price Fixing?

Vertical price fixing: It usually occurs among those in the supply chain, like an auto manufacturer and its dealers. For example, a manufacturer of a popular doll might use its clout to force its retailers to follow the "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price" and not offer sales or discounts. This type of price fixing has been illegal since 1911, following the Supreme Court's decision in Miles v. Park, holding that price fixing violated the Sherman Antitrust Act.2

Reactions: LoudThunder
I do agree with your definition of price fixing but to my understanding, there are other versions of it.

What Is Price Fixing?
You will get no argument from me there. It's that I do not mind paying a premium price for a premium item, I just do not want to be hoodwinked by a counterfeit item or a falsely advertised "New" item "On Sale" only to find out it is a Rehab and there is no factory warranty.

You will get no argument from me there. It's that I do not mind paying a premium price for a premium item, I just do not want to be hoodwinked by a counterfeit item or a falsely advertised "New" item "On Sale" only to find out it is a Rehab and there is no factory warranty.
Yep. My point is that DJI, like Garmin et al, fixes their prices so anything that looks like a deal, is probably a scam. On everything that I've bought from a factory store, I've been treated well by customer service. When they ask where I bought it and I tell them that I bought it direct from them, they don't give me a runaround.

Much better off buying from a reputable dealer you can make payments with. Bought a JBL Charge 4 like this thinking I was saving a few bucks. The outside of the speaker looks "almost" right. The bluetooth identifies as Charge 4. The sound that comes out is NOT a JBL product. Buying a $300 speaker for half price when the product is at risk (racing canoe needs jams) but not for a $1000+ product that serves a safety critical function. Look for a good deal for sure BUT don't skimp. Get Care/Refresh the instant you get online to register the drone warranty. Then get liability (w/hull if you can afford it). Air 2S is NOT a toy. It is an aircraft. Accidents can happen. Protect yourself, your property, and the property of others.

I bought a refurbished Air2s from Drone Nerds. I’d check them out or a refurb at the DJI store
Mine from the DJI store was undisguisable from brand new and so far, not a glitch.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore