DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying extra batteries.Plus other stuff

David Smith

Reactions
Hi All. My second post here, so go easy on me. I would like to ask two things. Ok here goes. I just bought a Mavic Mini. The lead that goes from my phone is a 'C' type. But the one on the handset does not look like the usual micro USB that a lot of gadgets have now. As there are no obvious sloping sides of the socket like what the plug has. It looks like if one does not get it the right way round. Damage could be caused to the controller socket. I know what some of you will come back and say. Which is "It's obvious which way round it goes by the way it the lead lays between phone and controller" Yes I agree. But it would have been nice of DJI to put a regular charging socket in.
OK. Next is I wrongly purchased the basic Mini kit. I now wish I had bought the one with a charger and extra batteries. So the question is......Where can I but a genuine charger and the extra batteries from? Rather the Ch*na. Yes, again I think you are going to say Ch*na. I know they ain't cheap. So I am braced for how much they are. A final note on the mini. If you are in the UK,And probably anywhere in the world. That you are thinking of Flashing your mini up a bit by putting stickers all over it. Think first. As the Mini weighs in at 249 Grams. Adding stickers will put it over the 250-gram limit. Honest. The stickers weigh 2 Grams. Meaning you will have to register it for the rough sum of around 16 quid. or you are breaking the law. (Supposedly?)
Thanks in advance people. Dave in Suffolk United kingdom.

Meaning you will have to register it for the rough sum of around 16 quid. or you are breaking the law. (Supposedly?)
Thanks in advance people. Dave in Suffolk United kingdom.
£9.00 per year for registration in the UK. Is it worth buying a Mavic Mini just to avoid this fee? I don't think so!

Hi David from UK,
So some answers to your question, I hope that they help. As for the plug, a dot of nail polish to help align the input will help so you’re not damaging the port. Amazon should have what you are looking for especially with holiday specials running now. Last but not least, the registration cost is a drop in the bucket vs how much fun you’ll have flying your new Mavic. I recommend Decalgirl if you are looking to custom wrap your mini(it worth it but does cost more than the registration fee). I hope this information and advice help. Have a great day.
Blue skies, from SoCal

You might want to consider buying the flymore kit and selling off the unused AC, battery and remote from the kit.

If you don't want to go that route:
The charger is nothing special. Any QC compatible USB charger 18W or more will do. The batteries and hub are available from DJI and authorized reseller.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803