DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Buying US or CE mavic air 2??

Beeda

Reactions
Hello all

I am based in the uk. Are their any issues with buying a US version of the mavic air 2 and shipping it instead of the buying the UK/EU version?

I understand the UK version does not have air sense and has limited range compared to the US version... plus with exchange rate and shipping it is still cheaper than we can buy here..

I just want to understand if their are any pitfalls I haven’t anticipated..?

thx in advance.Paul

@Beeda well you would not be flying within the radio radiated RC output for use in the UK,also you could have an issue at customs with import duty ,and or compliance plus if it went wrong you would need to be in the US to activate you refresh and have it replaced

Reactions: Lastrexking
I’m sorry guys but isn’t FCC/CE decided on your location
you are in. Like it don’t matter where you get it .
Has something changed that I have missed.

Reactions: Butterfly Copper
I’m sorry guys but isn’t FCC/CE decided on your location
you are in. Like it don’t matter where you get it .
Has something changed that I have missed.

The FCC mode on drones purchased in CE countries is less powerful than the FCC mode purchased in FCC locations.

Ok what I always thought was DJI drones switched from FCC if here then took like to CE territories to CE.
Sorry that don’t make sence but need coffee.?‍♂️
Thought the gps saw where it was and decided what power
it had.

The Mavic Mini had different hardware between FCC and CE. The other Mavics were software depending upon the GPS. As far as I know, the MA2 is like the non-minis, same hardware for both and software adjusts.

Reactions: Gary R and dirkclod

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman