DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bye Bye Mavic - How to lose it in 5 easy steps... (and how not to)

Another alternative for tracking would be the Tile and the Mobile Tile app (thetileapp.com/)

Downsides:
  • The Bluetooth proximity of the lost item to your phone is much much smaller than others mentioned
  • Battery is fixed and cannot be replaced by user. You have to return the Tile for them to replace

Benefits
  • You don't personally have to try to locate your object. It works on a crowd based system whereby anyone within range picking up a lot item's signal will then relay that position onto you.
Of course, that assumes a certain amount of app adoption but it's relatively popular in the US

Anywho - the interesting part I think is the "Lost and Found" community aspect. Might be of interest to some in some scenarios.

Another alternative for tracking would be the Tile and the Mobile Tile app (thetileapp.com/)

Downsides:
  • The Bluetooth proximity of the lost item to your phone is much much smaller than others mentioned
  • Battery is fixed and cannot be replaced by user. You have to return the Tile for them to replace

Benefits
  • You don't personally have to try to locate your object. It works on a crowd based system whereby anyone within range picking up a lot item's signal will then relay that position onto you.
Of course, that assumes a certain amount of app adoption but it's relatively popular in the US

Anywho - the interesting part I think is the "Lost and Found" community aspect. Might be of interest to some in some scenarios.

Thanks for that Sparrowhawk.... The thing that put me off the Bluetooth trackers was the lack of range. Read any review and you get a lot of sharp criticism about the range literally being less than 30 feet when the item is not in a simple line-of-site. And where we mostly fly drones is out in the wilderness where few people walk....
Have you got the Tile and found it okay?
When the 'Loc8tor' arrives I'll try it out and post a video.... Cheers, Ian

When the 'Loc8tor' arrives I'll try it out and post a video.... Cheers, Ian
That would be great. Love to see a Mavic user review.

I do have 4 Tiles here. The setup, App and Tiles are all top notch but thankfully I've never had to use them so I can't comment on that part. I put one in my luggage when travelling and one in my photo bag. Was toying with the idea of sticking one on my bike.

One thing I see a lot of Drone users ignore is simply having their details on the actual drone.

Great vid , hey if we didn't make mistakes we wouldn't need rubbers on the top of pencils!
Am in the forces and I reckon mate we could find it! No worrys

Reactions: Ian in London
A most helpful original post and thread. As others have said, we can all learn from others' experiences. Thanks for taking the time to share and better luck with your new MP!
Love love love your avatar, make me laugh for quite a while

Wellsi, since you have a new Mavic have you flown over the last know GPS coordinates to try and locate your missing Mavic?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S