DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Bypass height limit

Pixelhouse

Reactions
I live in a very secluded area, no people, no air traffic, etc etc. Would like to push it beyond 500m, is there a way to do this (on Android)?
Using the mini 2.

Thanks in advance.

For MP, you can do it with firware hack.
For M2, you can do it with hardware hack ( replace the core board ).
For Mini 2, there is no ways I am aware of.

Inspired by this :

an idea just flashed across my mind : stick a Mini to the top of a powerful drone such as M2 or P4 by velco tapes. Take the Mini to 500m, lauch the Mini there, hopefully the velco will break lose, then the Mini can go to 1000m.
The old "Piggy Back" system :) I'm sure the OP is ready to try that, only cost him $1000+ and maybe lose both aircraft ;) But yeah...I wanted to do that with a Inspire. :)

Reactions: PaulDoneDrone
Inspired by this :

an idea just flashed across my mind : stick a Mini to the top of a powerful drone such as M2 or P4 by velco tapes. Take the Mini to 500m, lauch the Mini there, hopefully the velco will break lose, then the Mini can go to 1000m.
That is hilarious :'). I won't be doing that but thanks for the chuckle haha.

I go over 400 feet all the time, but I live in a mountainous area. So I stay under 400 where I take off and head for the hills!

Reactions: brett8883
I go over 400 feet all the time, but I live in a mountainous area. So I stay under 400 where I take off and head for the hills!
Am I missing something here ? so the mountains help to get the drone to go higher than 400 ft above the take off point ?

Last edited:
Reactions: hiflyer201
Am I missing something here ? so the mountains help to get the drone to go higher than 400 ft above the take off point ?
Hard to tell if you are joking, but since it sounded serious...
Of course mountains don't help, but he was pointing out that even though he can fly >400 ft higher than the launch point, he can still stay <400 ft above the ground.

I live in a very secluded area, no people, no air traffic, etc etc. Would like to push it beyond 500m, is there a way to do this (on Android)?
Using the mini 2.

Thanks in advance.
If you are talking about 500m AGL then there is no way you can guarantee that there is no air traffic. Also you don't get to pick and choose which regulations you want to follow based on your perception of safety.

Using the mini 2.

Thanks in advance.
Sometimes I go to this place where there are no aircraft at all. I wish they didn't have the altitude limit in this case.

Using the mini 2.

Thanks in advance.
Just a Q of curiosity: If I fly my Mini2 to 400ft high mountin and land there, stop the motors and take-off again will I then be able to fly another 400ft??

Just a Q of curiosity: If I fly my Mini2 to 400ft high mountin and land there, stop the motors and take-off again will I then be able to fly another 400ft??
You could ... but it would be simpler and easier to just adjust the user-configurable Max Altitude Limit and fly.

Reactions: DoomMeister
That's actually not a bad idea, the only problem is that it would adjust your RTH to that place, so I hope you can pick it up there once it should trigger haha.

That's actually not a bad idea, the only problem is that it would adjust your RTH to that place, so I hope you can pick it up there once it should trigger haha.
Given the complication of trying to find a safe landing spot where he would still have a clear line of sight to be able to maintain signal, and that the drone will happily climb to 1640 feet higher than the launch point, it's really not worth the effort just to go 400 ft + 400 ft.

Used the landing trick to fly above a 2300’ summit in the Santan Mountains near me... tricky , and you must have VLOS... just don’t power anything off when you land at distance... wait 10-20 seconds, then TO and the landing area is registered as zero altitude.. Then you have another 1600’ or so to climb. Just be sure, in the U.S., to stay within 400’ laterally to the mountain and below 400’ above the summit/high point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada