DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAA New UK drone laws come into force today and if you flout them you can face jail

So if I fly still within the rules no police can come and say I have to pay a grand because I am not registered ??

How is it enforceable? Wouldn't they have to catch the drone/you flying and I guess check your permit.

Do you have to carry a permit with you? How is it verified?

If a police office sees, what is the process that occurs??

Sounds like government overreach, Fly safe, fly smart no problems will happen.

Last edited:
How is it enforceable? Wouldn't they have to catch the drone/you flying and I guess check your permit.

Do you have to carry a permit with you? How is it verified?

If a police office sees, what is the process that occurs??

Sounds like government overreach, Fly safe, fly smart no problems will happen.

The same way they enforce anything requiring a license or registration. In this case they are generally going to catch the pilot, standing there with the remote control and flying the drone, not the drone itself.

Are you complaining that it is government overreach to require registration, or to enforce the requirement?

The same way they enforce anything requiring a license or registration. In this case they are generally going to catch the pilot, standing there with the remote control and flying the drone, not the drone itself.

Are you complaining that it is government overreach to require registration, or to enforce the requirement?

well you need to think critically about rules like this, that just 'suddenly' become law.

As an intelligent human being, it would be best to require registration when/before purchasing a suav.

don't make an excuse for it not being this way from the beginning, as everything is planned, and not easily accepted until you take an inch...

then next thing you are fined, with possible jail

for flying a drone.

everything happens for a reason, from customers a decade ago, to consumers, it has to be a gradual grab, or you would not accept it as easily.

Here is the question, At what point is the device a drone. Does the small helicopter that only goes 10 feet away considered drone....??

The fact that their still is no UAV radar/ commercial aviation radar combined is the major problem. They can be tracked, very easily, just need a common data base that runs against commercial and personal aviation. Then Commercial drone flying can take place in a safe mannor. Just having people register post purchase doesn’t really do anything but delay the real solution.

well you need to think critically about rules like this, that just 'suddenly' become law.

As an intelligent human being, it would be best to require registration when/before purchasing a suav.

don't make an excuse for it not being this way from the beginning, as everything is planned, and not easily accepted until you take an inch...

then next thing you are fined, with possible jail

for flying a drone.

everything happens for a reason, from customers a decade ago, to consumers, it has to be a gradual grab, or you would not accept it as easily.

I have no clue what point you are trying to make there.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54